PDA

View Full Version : Could it be true? Disclose Act having trouble.

RRangel
06-18-2010, 4:15 AM
There's mention of the Disclose Act being pulled by her highness Pelosi. Hopefully this whole thing will end good for gun owners. Got this from Instapundit. I wouldn't consider the bill defeated yet. Keep contacting your representatives because this is huge.

Democratic leadership aides said the vote would be rescheduled until next week, but it is still unclear whether Pelosi and Rep. Chris Van Hollen (Md.), chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee and the author of the bill, will have enough votes to move forward then.

A spokesman for Van Hollen said the Maryland Democrat would continue to push forward on the legislation, in spite of the setback.

We're certainly not "out of the woods."

“We made a lot of progress this week despite opposition by hundreds of special interests groups who are doing what they do best – looking out for themselves," said Doug Thornell, a Van Hollen aide.

Pelosi summoned the Blue Dogs and CBC to back-to-back meetings this afternoon, but was unable to overcome their opposition to the legislation. The Blue Dogs are concerned that opposition from the Chamber, National Federation of Independent Business, National Association of Realtors and other business groups will damage their reelection prospects in the fall.

The CBC, on the other hand, was unhappy about an exemption to the bill granted to the National Rifle Association agreed to by Van Hollen. While the exemption was later extended to other groups, the CBC remained concerned about the bill’s potential impact on the NAACP and other progressive groups.

It's good to know there is serious opposition to this violation of the First Amendment. In like fashion these lunatics don't care what the nation thinks or how far they have to go to disempower the populace.

Pelosi pulls Disclose Act, for now. (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0610/38698.html)

johnny_22
06-18-2010, 6:18 AM
They played the bad guy and got Republicans and Democrats united against the bill.

Well played.

Barabas
06-18-2010, 8:22 AM
I'd say it was done and time to celebrate if this were being opposed on Constitutional grounds, but since it's all about the special interests' campaign contributions, I'm sure it won't disappear so quickly.

Maestro Pistolero
06-18-2010, 8:44 AM
I hope they pass it and the Supreme Court places an injunction on it's enforcement or summarily declares it null. These retards have no respect for the separation of powers, or they wouldn't be considering recreating a law which the Supreme Court has just ruled to be unconstitutional.

This is an extension of unprecedented public scolding of the Supreme Court Justices, who are traditionally invited guests at the State of the Union speech. The president abandoned all protocol and decorum for this embarrassing (for him) public lashing.

Oh, the wisdom of Clarence Thomas to repeatedly decline that invitation. I like him better every year.

N6ATF
06-18-2010, 11:25 PM
Screw it. SCOTUS should throw Van Hollen in a cell for contempt, and every other traitor who end runs around their rulings immediately afterward, like D.C. after Heller.