PDA

View Full Version : Badger Tac latch

telcolineman
06-17-2010, 9:44 PM
I got a little bored tonight, I have wondered if the tactical latch will work on an AR 10. I pulled the charging handles out of both rifles and everything looked the same, So I removed the latches and swapped them out. The latch fits like a charm, I just thought I would post my findings for you guys in case you are interested. It will be much easier to grasp the latch with my scope now
Jim

TurboChrisB
06-17-2010, 9:53 PM
I love the Badger latch...put one on my AR15 yesterday and was so impressed I went back to RifleGear and bought another and installed it on my .50 Beowulf tonight!

telcolineman
06-17-2010, 9:58 PM
I love mine as well, Both my 15's had them. Now only 1 15 and the 10 LOL. Mine are gen 1's

lehn20
06-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Try the new BCM latch next time.

telcolineman
06-18-2010, 12:16 AM
I have had mine for a while, They do the job

Sniper3142
06-18-2010, 7:31 AM
I had a Badger Tactical latch and it was okay but since then, I've upgraded to the outstanding BCM Gunfighter CH.

And it was worth every penny. :)

http://secure.stormfront-tactical.com/catalog/images/BCM-Gunfighter-MOD3-ChargingHandle.jpg

Mesa Defense
06-18-2010, 8:01 AM
Tac Latch is good, but under some circumstances it sticks out to far and catches on a lot of ****. Expecially in a class using a sling (with a right hander) or in competition putting rifles in and out of barrels, ports, cars or on tables etc. But for a scoped rifle they can be great.

PRI is good.
BCM is good
LMT is good
Tac Latch is good

They all have their place. Enjoy yours.

TurboChrisB
06-18-2010, 8:20 AM
Can you elaborate? I realize the superior design of the BCM in regards to the roll pin....but in actual usage, could you tell me what you like better about it?

I had a Badger Tactical latch and it was okay but since then, I've upgraded to the outstanding BCM Gunfighter CH.

http://secure.stormfront-tactical.com/catalog/images/BCM-Gunfighter-MOD3-ChargingHandle.jpg

telcolineman
06-18-2010, 9:38 AM
Very true gentleman, It does snag on things. I like the BCM, I only posted the latch fit the AR10 because Badgers site says in fits Ar15 and says nothing about the AR10. The whole thread is just for informational purposes, My 10 is a bench gun anyway. Too heavy to go running around with, with the PRS stock and TD bipod. She weighs close to 13#
Jim

zipman5150
06-18-2010, 10:51 AM
"

Tactical Latch
For use with the M16/AR-15, AR-10 and SR-25 series rifles. Replaces the Charging handle latch, allows easy function of rifle with either hand. A must for Tactical or scoped flat top rifles. Charging handle not included. Latch only.
P/N 249-02 NSN 1005-01-523-7358 "

Quoted From Badger Ordanace's Website

Vtec44
06-18-2010, 11:09 AM
That's good to know. I'll give it a shot when I'm done with my 6.8mm. I have it on my 5.56 AR's and it helps while wearing shooting gloves. Plus you can pull the charging handle with just the palm of your hand.

telcolineman
06-18-2010, 1:01 PM
"

Tactical Latch
For use with the M16/AR-15, AR-10 and SR-25 series rifles. Replaces the Charging handle latch, allows easy function of rifle with either hand. A must for Tactical or scoped flat top rifles. Charging handle not included. Latch only.
P/N 249-02 NSN 1005-01-523-7358 "

Quoted From Badger Ordanace's Website

I haven't been on their site in a year or so, Good to know they updated it

abusalim81
06-18-2010, 5:50 PM
I've heard after a while the latch breaks... Wonder if that has been anybody's mileage here?

PolishMike
06-18-2010, 5:58 PM
A quality original is the only one I havent seen break

SoCalRandy
06-18-2010, 6:02 PM

+1, I totally agree! I have both the Tac latch and the BCM gunfighter. The Tac latch is better than a standard mil spec charging handle but the BCM is just really easy to operate. It is difficult to explain, you just have to try the BCM to appreciate it. Also, like others have said, the Tac latch sticks out really far and snags on everything.

Len
06-19-2010, 4:25 AM
I was running a Badger Tac latch on my DPMS .308 upper. It installed without any problems.
I needed some extra leverage and it worked for that, It was kind of hard to grab the standard latch under my scope, these .308s are not quite as easy to pull as the AR15s.
I decided I did not like any of those set ups and sent my upper and bolt carrier to Medesha Firearms for a side charger conversion.
As soon as I get it back I will post some pics.
http://www.medeshafirearms.com/serv01.htm

esskay
06-19-2010, 1:34 PM
Can you elaborate? I realize the superior design of the BCM in regards to the roll pin....but in actual usage, could you tell me what you like better about it?

IMO, the primary benefit of the BCM is that it is extremely strong. I run them and like them, however, I actually much prefer the ergonomics of the PRI gasbuster (both in terms of actually grasping it and in its relatively low profile). But the PRI is not as strong and I had to replace the pin on mine. I wish they combined the designs!!