PDA

View Full Version : Aero Precision Lowers

BLD
06-17-2010, 7:36 PM
Does anyone have any experience with these. I may buy one to build a featureless A4, but wanted to see what peoples' experiences have been with these. I don't care if it has every bell and whistle, as long is everything is in spec. My LRB lower on my DD M4 build seems to be out of spec in the bolt catch area, and I want to make sure that my next build doesn't require any custom gun smithing to make it work (modified 9mm bolt catch fixed the issue).

If they're not that great, can anyone recommend a better one for $100 that I can find in the Sacramento area. Everyone seems to charge too much for transfers for it to be cost effective to order one.

I'd like to keep the lower on the inexpensive side because I plan on dumping most of my $$$ on a good LPK and a BCM rifle length upper.

Thanks.

damon1272
06-17-2010, 7:44 PM
Aero precision is good to go. Nice stuff

Exile Machine
06-17-2010, 8:25 PM
I have one and it's fine.

-Mark

C.G.
06-17-2010, 8:44 PM
When I was picking up my Noveske lower, Irvington Arms had a couple of Aero lowers and let me compare the two. Except for the different markings I could not find any differences. The finish is comparable between Noveske and Aero and I haven't heard of any problems about Aero not being in spec.

BLD
06-17-2010, 8:49 PM
Thanks for the replies. My local friendly gun store (TDS) has them for a decent price. Once I free up some funds I'll have to go out and put one in jail.

Lagduf
06-17-2010, 9:10 PM
I just picked up an Aero lower for $99 from TDS.

I had no problems putting in the LPK and it mated up well to my other upper. I have not used this lower in an actual weapon yet, as I need to buy another upper.

Oh black rifle disease :D