PDA

View Full Version : upper receiver

shwaycool
06-17-2010, 7:28 PM
Hey all, I'm looking at upper receivers and was wondering is the VLTOR MUR1a a good upper receiver? Are all uppers pretty much the same? I saw a couple uppers for like 100 bucks. Are those just as good but without the brandname? Thanks for the input.

APNF128
06-21-2010, 7:50 PM
The best less than $100 upper is the Keyhole mark Cerro Forge. This is the same upper Colt, BCM, CMMG, and Noveske use with thier own trade name. These uppers are made by a USGI contractor who supply upper receiver to our US Army. I have one spare that is just sitting in my gun stuff box,if you like I can sell it to you for $85 ship to your address.

Linus
06-21-2010, 8:27 PM
^ Yes, any upper you see with the little key hole marking regardless of brand name is manufactured by Cerro Forge so just go for the cheapest (BCM). Any billet upper like Vltor, Rainier, Sundevil are just for the cool factor.

reidnez
06-21-2010, 9:36 PM
Wow guys, really good info! I did not know about the "keyhole" marking, but my upper (CMMG) has it as well. It's always surprising how few *actual* manufacturers there are, compared to brand names.