PDA

View Full Version : A2 buttstock kit

Bentot
06-17-2010, 5:26 PM
On Bravo Co.'s website they list an A2 stock kit with metal trap door and buttplate, but its been out of stock for a long time now. Are popular brands like Stag, RRA, CMMG also have metal trap door and buttplates?

bjl333
06-17-2010, 5:57 PM
http://model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=FBA001&storeid=1&image=a2buttstock.gif&CFID=56644380&CFTOKEN=36091665
They have a pretty good price on the A2 stock kit ... I wouldn't go much beyond the stock with them tho ...

maxima
06-17-2010, 6:01 PM
http://model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=FBA001&storeid=1&image=a2buttstock.gif&CFID=56644380&CFTOKEN=36091665
They have a pretty good price on the A2 stock kit ... I wouldn't go much beyond the stock with them tho ...

Model 1 sale charges about $15 for shipping the A2 stock alone, that kills the deal. The better place is http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=296, free shipping on $25 or more.

Honestly, I have not yet seen an A2 stock with metal trap door.

UserM4
06-17-2010, 8:25 PM
My Stag comes with a metal buttplate and trap door.

telcolineman
06-17-2010, 8:29 PM
So does the Armalite A2 kit

sniper4usmc
06-17-2010, 8:30 PM
I think all A2 stock come with trap door

818gtiguy
06-17-2010, 9:20 PM
I think all A2 stock come with trap door

Yes that may be true, but not all are metal. Some have plastic/rubber trap doors....

My Stag comes with a metal buttplate and trap door.
Thats weird... I bought a Stag A2 stock directly from Stag, and it came with a plastic trap door. Sold that one and got a Armalite A2 stock, and that one came with a metal tap door.

thayne
06-17-2010, 9:25 PM
anyone know about the rock river a2? I have one on order.

UserM4
06-17-2010, 9:48 PM
I hate to thread jack but does anyone make a recoil pad for an A2 stock? My stock cuts into my shoulder and it bugs.

Eargasm
06-17-2010, 10:10 PM
I hate to thread jack but does anyone make a recoil pad for an A2 stock? My stock cuts into my shoulder and it bugs.

Magpul does. I think I also saw one on riflegear that was a brand other than magpul.

UserM4
06-17-2010, 10:25 PM
Magpul does. I think I also saw one on riflegear that was a brand other than magpul.

Really? I don't think I've ever seen one at RifleGear. do you have a link?

wsmc27
06-17-2010, 10:31 PM

http://www.riflegear.com/c-29-stock-parts.aspx

not for an A2 is it??

sseric75
06-17-2010, 10:38 PM
My LMT Lower came with a metal trap door.

UserM4
06-17-2010, 10:46 PM
http://www.riflegear.com/c-29-stock-parts.aspx

not for an A2 is it??

Yeah, it's for an A2. Thanx tho.

telcolineman
06-17-2010, 10:47 PM
My A1 has a metal trap door as well, The slip on in the link is for a Car stock and the magpul fits the MOE/CTR

telcolineman
06-17-2010, 10:51 PM
anyone know about the rock river a2? I have one on order.

I checked RRA's site and the breakdown on the A2 says the door is plastic

telcolineman
06-17-2010, 10:57 PM

Hey user, Midway makes a rubber recoil pad with trap door for the A2. It is item # 778143 and runs $12.99

Eargasm
06-17-2010, 11:15 PM

Maybe not RifleGear. Brownell's, maybe? I was doing a lot of online-looking this evening and I may have gotten my retailers mixed up.

Cokebottle
06-17-2010, 11:26 PM
The better place is http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=296, free shipping on $25 or more.
:puke:
Order direct from RRA if you want it in September.

I ordered a collapsible stock from them.
Got the confirmation email... no indication on ship date.

Their web site still has the disclaimer that barrels are on backorder and not shipping (even though PK had just taken delivery of 200 barrels at the time I was dealing with them), but they indicate that lowers should ship within 5 days.

I waited well over a month. Started sending emails, no response.
Called (couldn't call when they were open), no response.
Finally, when I told them to cancel the order and informed them that I would contact my CC company to charge back, I got a response.
The response was simply "Your order shipped today".
No explanation, no apology.

I was considering RRA uppers for all three of my lowers.
Screw them. They don't want the business from individuals and would prefer to take care of their dealers, so I'll either buy from one of their dealers after verifying that it's in stock, or buy from one of their competitors.
I'll be going with a Stag upper for my 20", and Riflegear for the carbines.

Just buy the Stag A2 stock from Riflegear.

thayne
06-17-2010, 11:28 PM

Their web site still has the disclaimer that barrels are on backorder and not shipping (even though PK had just taken delivery of 200 barrels at the time I was dealing with them), but they indicate that lowers should ship within 5 days.

Finally, when I told them to cancel the order and informed them that I would contact my CC company to charge back, I got a response.

Screw them. They don't want the business from individuals and would prefer to take care of their dealers, so I'll either buy from one of their dealers after verifying that it's in stock, or buy from one of their competitors.

I just ordered one directly from rock river tuesday and it shipped today

telcolineman
06-17-2010, 11:29 PM

Well said Rich, Screw them