PDA

View Full Version : Armscor M206 .38 special...Y or N?

armedoffroader
06-17-2010, 3:53 PM
What's the word on these? Anyone heard good or bad, or better yet anyone have one that could speak from experience? Thanks

Rekrab
06-17-2010, 4:49 PM
Haven't seen one of those in a while. I've heard good things though.

bigthaiboy
06-17-2010, 5:26 PM
Copy of a old Colt Detective model. I hear good things about them, although the black finish is the concession you pay for having a low price revolver. They would have looked nicer with blued steel. If I see one in the $200 range, I'd be interested in buying.

armedoffroader
06-18-2010, 7:31 AM
OK cool, thanks for the input, I think Ill buy it.

RedFord150
06-18-2010, 7:36 AM
... If I see one in the $200 range, I'd be interested in buying.

www.turners.com has it for $219.98. I just got the e-mail from them. It is part of their Father's Day Sale.

bigthaiboy
06-18-2010, 1:01 PM
www.turners.com has it for $219.98. I just got the e-mail from them. It is part of their Father's Day Sale.

Thank you. I will go to Turners to check one out.

mjpjr
06-19-2010, 10:07 AM
I havent tried or even seen the revolver yet. But I have dealt with Armscor and they have outstanding customer service and stand behind their warranty, which for the handgun I purchased is a lifetime warranty. So if you want a revolver, $219 from a company with outstanding customer service who stands behind their warranty is worth looking into. Im counting my pennies and figuring how many more days until I can Dros another handgun myself.

dadoody
06-22-2010, 8:27 PM
$220. I went in today thinking that I'd just browse, but it had a great trigger pull.

Reading online, it looks like they're a colt copy. They use modern steel that's CNCed, and people rave about their customer service.

The finish is ugly, but that's what Duracoat exists for.

Z ME FLY
06-22-2010, 8:29 PM
$220. I went in today thinking that I'd just browse, but it had a great trigger pull.

Reading online, it looks like they're a colt copy. They use modern steel that's CNCed, and people rave about their customer service.

The finish is ugly, but that's what Duracoat exists for.

Damn, I would have love to have a Turners over here. I have been wanting a cheap .38 snub nose. I just mentioned this in the Taurus thread too.

dadoody
06-22-2010, 8:43 PM
OK, turns out the finish is an ugly parkerization. I may just keep it as is.

There website is nice and simple:

Single & double action; 1.81 - 2.95 kgs. single action trigger pull; 5.25-5.90 kgs. double action trigger pull; Fixed ramp front sight; Fixed wide square notch rear sight; Transfer bar safety system; Wide serrated thumbpiece hammer; Wide finger radius trigger with polished sides; Floating firing pin; Parkerized finish; Polymer grip except checkered wood grip for 206A.

It really does have a nice trigger pull @ double action. I'll shoot and give a review in 2 weeks.