PDA

View Full Version : Question about Larue T-1 Tall Mount on AR15s...

tacticalcity
06-17-2010, 3:48 PM
Interesting question...anybody know if there is a logical reason we all mount our Aimpoint T-1 Larue Mounts with the lever facing towards the ejection port while all other larue mounts (especially those with 2 levers) would indicate it is supposed to be the other way? Is there a local reason for this?

I am ashamed to admit, I did it because that is the way Chris Costa had his on the damn video. Believe me, that cracks me up as much as anybody else. I'm just wondering if there is a logical reason for it. Or did everybody else watch that video and think they had theirs mounted incorrectly and change it to match his. ;)

I have NEVER seen anybody mount them differently, all the pictures I see online have them mounted with the lever on the firing side, the opposite side you would think it would be based on Larue's other products.

The reason I ask is that I am about to purchase a the magnifier mount and am considering swithing the T-1 mount so the levers are on the same side. I want to know if doing so would be wise or not.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh183/tacticalcity/IMG_0586.jpg

06-17-2010, 3:53 PM
If Costa does it...it's scripture...written in blood...NO?

gunRfun
06-17-2010, 3:59 PM
LOL!!! Funny thing is that I was thinking the same things the other day. But I came to a conclusion that it should be just personal preference... In other words what is most "tacticool" or tactical, "practicool" or practical for the gunner. I am still trying to figure mine out.

cqbdude
06-17-2010, 4:00 PM
I think It would interfere..I will check my set up when I get home..

ArkinDomino
06-17-2010, 4:19 PM
I got mine like that from La Rue...

Ruiner
06-17-2010, 4:51 PM
The lever was designed by larue to be pulled towards the rear to be locked, not forward although it works either way. All my larue mounts have the levers facing rearward, including my t1 mount. The larue buis also has it's lever on the ejection side FYI.

till44
06-17-2010, 6:22 PM
Because that's how Larue mounts them when you buy the T1/H1 high mount combo.

Ruiner
06-17-2010, 6:59 PM
Because that's how Larue mounts them when you buy the T1/H1 high mount combo.

^ And this.

1911_Mitch
06-17-2010, 7:26 PM
The lever will interfere with the pivot mount lever and you have to use 1 additional rail space between the T1 and the magnifier face.

There is a little trick from a post on ARFCOM that if you have them on the same side (non-ejection side), unlock the mount from the magnifier and mount the T1 and then lock both levers together (or something like that) and you can minimize the space between the T1 and the magnifier.

abusalim81
06-18-2010, 12:15 AM
I have a Daniel Defense Aimpoint mount and although its doesn't have quick detach capability, it's great because the red dot sits over the front sight but at the same time your iron sights still line up at the bottom of the lens, thats's why they call it 1/3 mount.

It also costs somewhere between $50-70.
Give it a try, I did and I love it... I'm sure you will too!

esskay
06-18-2010, 9:49 AM
The lever will interfere with the pivot mount lever and you have to use 1 additional rail space between the T1 and the magnifier face.

^^ This... having the levers on opposite sides will allow you to get the magnifier right up against the T-1

J_Rock
06-18-2010, 12:31 PM
Because when you "let it hang" the ejection port should be facing outwards. If the lever were against your chest it can snag on your gear.