PDA

View Full Version : CA DOJ called me last month and today..

gunRfun
06-17-2010, 4:07 PM
I submitted a question to the DOJ (sometime last the beginning of this year) about the Magpul AFG asking if it fits the description of it being a forward pistol grip and if it would violate:

12276.1 (a) Notwithstanding Penal Code section 12276, “assault weapon” shall also mean the following:
Rifles
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of
the following:
(F) A forward pistol grip.

The first call (left me a voice-mail saying) basically said: That he did not know and that we would need to contact our DA.

The call today from them was for the same question: but this time the person said that they have been getting numerous questions about the same AFG and they went to go do some research and considered it a "forward pistol grip" and violates the above code.

Just thought I would let you all know..

Cheers (kinda not really)~

Maltese Falcon
06-17-2010, 4:09 PM
Now that is a shock....:rolleyes:

Mstrty
06-17-2010, 4:18 PM
Now that is a shock....:rolleyes:

Doh!!

BONECUTTER
06-17-2010, 4:26 PM
Call the DOJ every week and ask what color the sky is.

You will get different answers everytime and they will never put it in writing. :rolleyes:

Josh3239
06-17-2010, 4:28 PM
Call the DOJ every week and ask what color the sky is.

You will get different answers everytime and they will never put it in writing. :rolleyes:

:iagree: I'll bet if call the DOJ right now they'd still maintain that OLLs are illegal.

G17GUY
06-17-2010, 4:28 PM
Send him a reply with the flowchart, and tell him it didn't take you 30 days to come up with the wrong answer.

http://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

5469(d)
http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/regs/chapter39.pdf

gunRfun
06-17-2010, 4:43 PM
hahaha hilarious!!

shark92651
06-17-2010, 4:54 PM
I'm sorry you wasted your time, but unless you send these questions in writing and get a written response back it is pretty much worthless. Get the response in writing and then if it comes down to a legal challenge we have something to start from.

PolishMike
06-17-2010, 4:58 PM
Yep, you may as well ask that to the guy at Pizza Hut. Their answers mean nothing.

bwiese
06-17-2010, 5:19 PM
Did you get the contact name at DOJ?

We at CGF would like to work on clarifying this and fixing it.

There's no way a Magpul AFG can be considered a "forward pistol grip".

It's just a "stop".

If this were in court, we'd win.

Please PM me with the contact info so we can go about fixing this.

The problem with situations like this is we now worry that now some folks in DOJ will be thinking "illegal" instead of not even worrying about it.

Window_Seat
06-17-2010, 5:33 PM
If you get in trouble with the law for your guns - PLEASE contact CGF (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=245866)

Erik.

Ford8N
06-17-2010, 5:47 PM
Bill, have you sent a copy of the flow chart to the DOJ? Law Enforcement agencies up and down the state use it. :43:

bwiese
06-17-2010, 5:56 PM
Bill, have you sent a copy of the flow chart to the DOJ? Law Enforcement agencies up and down the state use it. :43:

There is a certain significant awareness thereof :-)