PDA

View Full Version : Dueck Defense Rapid Transition Sights

Deuce22
06-17-2010, 3:15 PM
Just wanted to fill you all in on a new Dueck Defense transition sights. Barry Dueck just got more in and you can check them out at http://www.dueckdefense.com

They are amazing sights for those that run optics and transition to close targets and are a quick back up sight that is always ready. Barry has been running his sight for the 3 gun matches and has really put the smack down this year. He is looking good to win Nationals.

OneKyards
06-20-2010, 8:14 AM
Just wanted to fill you all in on a new Dueck Defense transition sights. Barry Dueck just got more in and you can check them out at http://www.dueckdefense.com

They are amazing sights for those that run optics and transition to close targets and are a quick back up sight that is always ready. Barry has been running his sight for the 3 gun matches and has really put the smack down this year. He is looking good to win Nationals.

I just got some at http://harristacticalonline.com/product.sc?productId=216&categoryId=80 for a good price and love them. Solid construction and perfect with my scoped rifle.

Deuce22
06-21-2010, 8:24 AM
Your going to see more and more guys running them. They are some of the best sights out there for running optics as primary.

tomd1584
06-21-2010, 8:57 AM
what about us Southpaws?

Yes, I understand I can mount them backwards...

KaLiFORNIA
06-21-2010, 12:56 PM
Red dot> irons right...?

Tony.
06-21-2010, 1:33 PM
what about us Southpaws?

Yes, I understand I can mount them backwards...

I was thinking the same thing. I suppose you can mount them on the rail at the 9 o'clock position, which would put the sights at the 11 o'clock position. It would leave a shorter sight radius than the righty's get by mounting them at the 12 o'clock position on the rail and flat top.

Tony.
06-21-2010, 1:36 PM
Red dot> irons right...?

Depends on the situation. These are intended to be back up sights, so if you scope dies, gets sheard off, etc. one flick of the wrist you are good to go. It is quicker than deploying any flip up sight. Let alone if your red dot is attaced to your scope, like the ACOG / Dr Optics combo.

Also, when going to back ups, you would want to stay away from anything that could break or die, such as a red dot.

KaLiFORNIA
06-21-2010, 1:57 PM
^^^ good point

slick_711
06-21-2010, 6:29 PM
They look real well made, but that's a bit pricey, no? And the rear sight really doesn't need full adjustability, nobody is going to use it. They could shave $45 off the price of the rear sight by losing the elevation adjustment.

1911su16b870
06-21-2010, 9:47 PM
Neat concept...you could also buy two JP offset mounts and whatever front/rear BUS system you like and get the same result. JP even makes a complete small radius sight rail for a similar application.

ar15barrels
06-22-2010, 3:04 PM
1-4 power scopes have mostly replaced the need of transistioning from irons to optics in 3gun.

Pistolero Pete
06-22-2010, 3:48 PM
Great idea, great design, this is a winner

TZL
06-22-2010, 4:38 PM
how do they look mounted for a lefty?

randy
06-23-2010, 3:03 AM
This isn't new JP and others have been doing something along these lines for some time. The single site JP is a bit short for my liking. Berrys set up does look very clean. Randall is correct in the 1 to 4 taking over. These sites are more for people that want to use a 3 to 9 power scope.

I would have liked to have seen this before I bought the set up I put on one of my rifles, and I do like the elevation adjustment.

They most certinly could be used for back up sites, but they are marketed for quick close up out to say 35 yards while leaving the power of your scope turned up.

trinydex
07-20-2011, 7:17 PM
you also can't transition to support hand with these right?

ICHIYA TRAINING CONCEPTS
07-21-2011, 9:03 AM
Call me old fashioned or hell call be ancient, but for a tactical carbine i always have an a-tower front sight and my back up sight [matech] always deployed up and if my aimpoint does die, fall off, sheer off the mount, battery die, or whatever. I can continue to shoot with my irons.

By no means am I knocking Barry Dueck or his sights, but for a red dot I feel they are not needed. Now on a scoped rilfe, that does not have the luxury of going down to 1 power or 1.25 power, I can see those sights being used, as in engaging targets at closer ranges on a spr, any scoped rifle application that the scope is higher power and zero'd at much greater distance.

On the website it shows the sights on a carbine with what looks to be a comp m4, yet in the video is shows it on a scoped rifle app. the scoped rifle app makes sense, the rds application does not.

ITC

Rock_Islander
07-21-2011, 6:11 PM
you also can't transition to support hand with these right?

lol, well in theory, just buy two sets of these sights and attach as you will so that both hands can fire in the offset position.

OHW
07-21-2011, 6:44 PM
Almost got it. When he gets the front sight to mount on a standard front iron post, for those whom are not freefloated, can play. Then he has got something.

WW2Buff
07-21-2011, 7:20 PM
I liked the concept of using irons instead of a red dot to stay out of open class. I looked at these and went with a pair of the new one o'clock folding KAC micros instead. They're currently on order and should be in soon.