PDA

View Full Version : Remember when actors supported your rights?

TomN
04-01-2006, 1:44 AM
I found this picture while looking at classic Jaguars.

It got me thinking, when was the last time you saw an actor enjoying his/her's second amendment rights?

What happend to the days when actors represented american values?

Anyhow, the picture is of Steve McQueen and his Jaguar XKSS. A beautiful piece of machinery and is only one of sixteen ever made. I think the last time a XKSS came up for auction, it went for over a million dollars. As for McQueen's personal XKSS, I do believe the Petersen Automotive museum now owns it.

As for the his rifle. It looks to be a breech loaded, SBR, with modified stock. Something that looks to be wicked fun to shoot, but, if caught today, would more than ensure a lenghty jail sentence.

Don't care for the spurs though.....

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/8695/mcqueenrifle0zw.jpg

douglasmorris99
04-01-2006, 6:11 AM
just an fyi,,
that pistol, built on a winchester frame is now available on the market, custom built, in the 1400 price range...
Tom Selleck is the only actor I know of today that is outspoken on the RKBA.
though there are a few other enthuiests in hollywood, most are quiet about it for fear of being branded and gunnut and unable to find work.

If you check out sellecks most recent works, past 10 years or so, you will probably notice nearly all are self produced works.

MadMex
04-01-2006, 6:27 AM
The folks at Gunsite speak rather highly of Tom Selleck. Hes the real deal.

WokMaster1
04-01-2006, 7:42 AM
Don't forget that quite a few of them have criminal records...........

Paladin
04-01-2006, 10:13 AM
Ignore those long, rifle-length cartridges on Steve's belt -- the rifle is a cut-down Win. 1892 w/large loop lever, just look at the length of the loading gate.

Yeah, XKSSs are beautiful cars and sound great too. I saw one race decades ago at the Laguna Seca Classic Car Races back when Jag was the featured marque.

TM, er, I mean Selleck is about the most pro-gun/2nd A actor out there. I read about 5 yrs ago that Tom Clancy 5 yrs earlier (ie, 10 yrs ago) had offered to write the storyline/script for a Magnum, PI movie because he's a friend of Selleck. Clancy was going to project in the future where a Navy SEAL would be 10 yrs after where the TV series left off and pick it up from there w/new adventures. The concept/offer was presented to the studio bosses but they kept dragging their feet, and then the studio got bought/merged and they had to start over at square one w/new execs. This happened a few times before Selleck and Clancey gave up when Sony(?) got the rights. Last I heard (a yr or two ago), the studio was moving ahead w/their own Magnum, PI project and looking to have George (c)Looney star ( http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=30590 ). :mad:

CALI-gula
04-01-2006, 10:30 AM
That photo of Steve McQueen was obviously taken while he was on a break from shooting (film), on the set of the TV series "Wanted: Dead or Alive". It ran 1958 - 1961, where he played Josh Randall, a bounty-hunter. The 1892 Winchester shown in the photo was called "Mare's Leg". The character of Josh Randall was first seen in an episode of "Trackdown".

Some said it was a .44-40, but I am willing to bet it was actually a .30/30 .

Kruzr
04-01-2006, 10:44 AM
It got me thinking, when was the last time you saw an actor enjoying his/her's second amendment rights?

I think it was the last time I've seen them wearing spurs out to the supermarket.
:D

GW
04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
IIRC--Kurt Russell runs a charity shoot of some sort

grammaton76
04-01-2006, 3:03 PM
IIRC--Kurt Russell runs a charity shoot of some sort

"I'm going to kill them all!"

blacklisted
04-01-2006, 3:06 PM
Those look like .45-70's

xenophobe
04-01-2006, 10:19 PM
Gary Burghoff (Radar O'Riley from MASH) can usually be found at the Las Vegas or Reno show (don't remember which). Supposedly he's really nice.

Kruzr
04-01-2006, 10:40 PM
According to the "Wanted Dead or Alive" fan sites, the gun was a sawed off Winchester 1892 carbine in .44-.40. The rounds in the belt were .45-.70.

dbawmp
04-03-2006, 8:58 AM
We get some cool celebs in Burbank at the local gun shop. Some of my favorite gun nuts have been Maynard James Keenan (singer:tool, APC), Ben Afleck and Lou Ferrigno (the Hulk!!).... and Lou has the biggest hands I've ever seen!

NRAhighpowershooter
04-03-2006, 11:23 AM
There was an article in the Dailey Review newspaper (SF Bay Area) this past week. In it was Bruce Willis talking in support of the 2nd Amendment.

Bling Bling 2.0
04-03-2006, 1:10 PM
Most of the time I get pretty fired up about actors making some huge political statements and everyone just thinking whatever they say because they are joe/jane actor/ress. Then they get into politics and every election is just a popularity contest. Then you stop and think and realize that they are true masters at the art of lying. A good actor/tress will always be an master of illusion. They get paid to say things they don't mean or that are untrue. And America just has a love affair for being phony so we eat it up.

I'm not saying that is entirely bad. Reagan sure fooled the communists a good one and it worked out for us. But I think Reagan will be remembered more for his economic and polital acheivements than his acting.

TravisSB
04-03-2006, 10:00 PM
Hulk Hogan, he goes to the range on his reality show "Hogan Knows Best" They showed him shooting and cleaning the guns afterwards.

And I've notice he wears a fanny pack most of the time..I would bet he's carrying.

RedBluff
04-03-2006, 10:56 PM
The folks at Gunsite speak rather highly of Tom Selleck. Hes the real deal.

I wished the Repubs could talk him into running for office.

He'd be a wolf in sheeps clothing to all but the most fema-nazi liberal women.

VeryCoolCat
04-04-2006, 12:34 AM
I know gary coleman is a gun advocate, but can't publicly do so as hes pretty desperate for work. Though, I wouldn't mind seeing an action shootout movie with gary coleman :D

Though I remember this a while back. There were a list of celebrities that were active shooters. Though some of them did have some discrepencies in their past. I decided I would recompile the list from several lists and anti-gun lists.
-Robert DeNiro ( i feel pretty, o so pretty )
-Weslney Snipes (hehehe coincidental last name)
-Matt LeBlanc (the guy from friends/joey)
-Jamie Lee Curtis (true lives and the KIDS movie freaky friday)
-Joan Rivers (i know she isnt a danger to herself or others, but her jokes are, but she is actively for women self defense)
-Shannen Doherty (Beverly Hills, 90210 / Scare tactics and a few hot shots from playboy)
-Burt Reynolds (thats a given)
-Steven Segal (guess snappin necks isn't enough for him)
-Pamela Anderson (she knows how to hold a gun and she carries 2 magnums, im pretty sure some of us saw the crap cheap action comedy tv show VIP which blew to me, no pun intended)
-Johnny Carson ( god rest his soul, great and funny man )
-Bob Hope ( he kept the troops happy when the playboy bunnies couldnt, go USO)
-Schwarzeneggar (the govenator is a gun advocate, but as we all know, being against guns forwards your polical career)
-Eric Estrada ( Anyone want to buy some land on a late night paid program for california pines or something like that, but he did play a CHP officer )
-Reba McEntire (thats pretty much a given, and relatively EVERY country singer but I don't think the dixie chix count)
-Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable guy, pretty much the entire blue collar comedy tour
- Several Rock stars like James Hetfield from metallica and unfortunately kurt cobain (the guy from nirvana who shot himself) and Ted Nugent. Aerosmith.
-Dennis Miller ( i'm sure he needs it, lots of people dont like him)
-Mel Gibson ( payback? passion of the christ? but is he insane as a person)
--Several professional wrestlers, hulk hogan is one of the larger ones but i believe the rock/stone cold steve austin are against it. I don't like wrestling btw.
-Bruce Willis (Yippie Cay Yay ************* )
-Several rappers are for gun control, but it tends to be the crazier ones, the older/sane ones change their minds usually later on.
-Ozzy Osbourne ( SHARRRRRON, on one episode of his show he had a mauser but it could of been a ww2 relic, hes a history channel buff )
-NASCAR - Terry Labonte, Dale Earnhardt, Richard Childress, Rick Mast and even JEFF GORDON the californian.
-Lou Ferigno ( the original hulk )
-Jeri Ryan ( the hot borg chick on one of the startreks )
-James Cameron ( i think he might just be afraid of terminators coming to get him, but then who isnt )
-Drew Carey ( ex-marine, thats where he got the glasses and the buzz cut plus I doubt he could beat someone up if he got attacked)
-Whoopi Goldberg ( the hollywood "square" she believes in womens self defense )
-Charles Barkley is pro-gun but he has a criminal record
-Harry Connick Jr (democratic music maker/childrens song maker)
-James Brown ( i feel good!, maybe because he feels safe by owning a gun )
-Little Richard (eeeeOOOOO, that guy wears all that gold, he needs one)
-Jerry Lee Lewis ( lots of people would beat him if given the chance :D )
-Sarah Michelle Gellar ( she has to fight those vampires somehow i guess )
-George Lucas ( can jedi use a light saber to stop the bullets from an M2? but he has his rights currently revoked due to something)
-Tommy Lee Jones ( I wanna search every dog house tree house ... )
-Geraldo Rivera (carries, but theres lots of people who want to beat his ***, and he was in iraq for a while)
-Conan O'Brien ( he and ted nugent have a clip of them shooting at a range, he wasnt a bad shot i heard, but didnt see the episode)
-Charleton Heston ( do i need to say more? )
-Howie Mandel ( he kinda lost his fame, but he did voices on the cartoon bobby's world and does the new show DEAL or NO DEAL )
-Pauly Shore ( he owns but dont know of his stance, but i figure lots of people would beat him down if given the chance)
-Dolly Parton ( she has a cloned sheep named after her )
-William Shatner ( priceline! cheap airfare)
-Ron Howard ( opie from andy griffith / happy days, owns a reasonable ammount but I'm not 100% on his stance on control)
-Sammy Davis Jr ( i am not 100% sure, but I know he owns )
-----
These are for gun control....
-Yoko Ono, i believe her wrong but her stance is understandable.
-Clint Eastwood surprisingly, even though he owns.
-Drew Barrymore, Benjamin Bratt, Cher, Julie Cypher, Ellen DeGeneres,
Phil Donahue, Melissa Etheridge, Anne Heche, David E. Kelley, k.d. lang,
Madonna, Camryn Manheim, Bette Midler, Kathy Nijimy, Rosie O'Donnell,
Susan Sarandon, Sharon Stone, Barbra Streisand, Sigourney Weaver, Adolf Hitler, Bill Clinton, Kurt Russel, Goldie Hawn, Tom Hanks, Al Gore, Mao Zdong, Wilhelm Frick, Hillary Rodham Clinton ( i'd vote her for prez ), Larry Flint, Jane Fonda (traitor), Josef Stalin, Sylvester Stallone, Martin Sheen, Pol Pot.

Hehe, guess rosie o'donnell got tired of those "spoons are making her fat" joke a little too hard.

----------
Not Sure of or Hipocrites
-There are RUMORS hunter s thompson might be anti-gun for the "public".
-Madonna took shotgun lessons, but supports every damn anti-gun law out there.
-Steven Spielburg owns, but is a hipocrite and doesnt want us to have any
-Sarah Brady ( did it straw style and bought a rem 30-06 for her son )
-Diane Feinstein ( you know she carries right? oh its okay for those who are powerful to carry, but us PEONS who don't want a fourth reich taking away all our rights are dangerous! )

I do believe there are laws in place for a reason and I support some, but many places have gone WAY too far. Mao Zdong said Power comes from the barrel of a gun. Everyone who ever wanted power opposed firearms as they were the peoples tools for revolution and better reform.

If you support gun control, you do not support peoples rights, as peoples rights have been and always will be dependent on being able to protect themselves. We can always become like china under a strict rule.

blacklisted
04-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Wesley Snipes is NOT pro-gun.

Also, I doubt that Pamela Anderson is pro-gun, she's a moonbat PETA supporter.

RedBluff
04-04-2006, 12:58 AM
Wesley Snipes is NOT pro-gun.

Also, I doubt that Pamela Anderson is pro-gun, she's a moonbat PETA supporter.

I support PETA too.
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals.

Mike Searson
04-04-2006, 6:11 AM
De Niro, Reba McIntire, Snipes, Ron Howard, Whoopi Goldberg, Dennis Miller are antis.

Sammy Davis Jr is dead

Kurt Russel is very progun.

Don't see why it's understandable for Yoko Ono to be an anti, either.

petey
04-04-2006, 11:29 AM
I'd love to get one of those. Unfortunately, I don't think it's on the approved list.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976647990.htm

VeryCoolCat
04-04-2006, 12:26 PM
Damn, i wrote all that? Nyquil + Cold + inability to sleep = bad

Robert Deniro should be on the hypocrite area. He owns.

Wesley Snipes may be anti-gun, but he also carries. Hes probably anti-gun now that his write are revoked due to his illegal concealed carry in 93.

Ron Howard does also own, but i thought he was middle of the road.

If Reba is shes an extreme hypocrite. she participates in the Louise Mandrell celebrity shoot.

Sammy Davis Jr, know hes dead, i listed a few deceased on the list like Johnny Carson / Dale Earnhardt just because it was " remember when ".

That was a misplacement, Kurt Russell probably one of the few very pro-gun celebrities that actively endorse it publicly.

Whoopi keeps a shotgun next to her bed, and I remember her saying "a black woman needs to be able to defend herself" or something along that line.

Dennis Miller is anti-gun but i heard he changed his stance when he pretty much lost most of his fame.

Mike Searson
04-04-2006, 1:30 PM
If Reba is shes an extreme hypocrite. she participates in the Louise Mandrell celebrity shoot.

Dennis Miller is anti-gun but i heard he changed his stance when he pretty much lost most of his fame.

Reba also sponsors "gun buybacks".

Miller has become more Conservative, but he's still an anti gunner.

odysseus
04-05-2006, 3:21 AM
Don't forget that quite a few of them have criminal records...........

I am curious, are you referring to Gunsite has criminals working for them?

spitkiss
04-05-2006, 8:33 PM
Penn Jillette
Raymond Teller are Pro-Gun

As seen on their show "Bullsh*t!": Gun Control

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5001380249576962921&q=bull****&pl=true

Tyler
04-06-2006, 12:08 AM
Penn Jillette
Raymond Teller are Pro-Gun

As seen on their show "Bullsh*t!": Gun Control

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5001380249576962921&q=bull****&pl=true

Awesome show, i have always liked them.

taloft
04-06-2006, 12:42 AM
That was the first time I'd seen it. Well done!