PDA

View Full Version : Battle Comp

echoarms
06-17-2010, 11:19 AM
http://battlecomp.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/images/Comp_wide_angle1.132104123_large.jpg
Why are these so expensive? Is the interior machined out like this?
http://www.thehousebmx.com/arfcom/brake.JPG

The DRis
06-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Because it's not made of inconel.

djleisure
06-17-2010, 11:29 AM
How expensive is "expensive"? Who manufactures it? Little more info would be nice...

The KAC Triple Tap is about $400, is it more than that? Because that's expensive! ;)

MILLITIAof1
06-17-2010, 11:30 AM
because some sheep will buy it

MILLITIAof1
06-17-2010, 11:32 AM
How expensive is "expensive"? Who manufactures it? Little more info would be nice...

The KAC Triple Tap is about $400, is it more than that? Because that's expensive! ;)
I just looked it up, its only a buck fifty.

echoarms
06-17-2010, 4:12 PM
Yeah, and a hardened stainless muzzle break from Surefire is 2/3 of that. Has anyone who has seen one comment on the construction?

DanHuuN
06-17-2010, 4:26 PM
It's not that bad. $149.99. It's a pretty good comp IMO.

I have it on one of my LMT barrels for my MRP and it works well. Better than I thought. I got to also compare it to the Triple Tap but from what I've heard from others is that it's the same if not better than the Triple Tap.

It's produced out of South San Francisco and I picked mine up from Brian through there.

www.battlecomp.com

thayne
06-17-2010, 4:36 PM
It looks sweet

telcolineman
06-17-2010, 4:42 PM
The video is impressive

tomd1584
06-17-2010, 6:45 PM
Its still really new, but quite a few guys over on M4carbine.net are already putting it through its paces....Looks to be a very good comp.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=55210

till44
06-17-2010, 6:53 PM
I've heard great things about. Lessens the recoil like the 3T but eliminates flash better than the 3T and is more than half the price.

technique
06-17-2010, 6:57 PM
Why are these so expensive? Is the interior machined out like this?
http://www.thehousebmx.com/arfcom/brake.JPG

Question.

You said "machined". Are you machining every unit?
If so, you're saying that the use of a boring bar reaching in the 1/2in. hole an boring a larger ID is the cost factor?

You should really consider CNC.

killshot44
06-17-2010, 7:22 PM
Kinda spendy? I really, really like the SJC Titan I now have on but I've got one on order from this guy: http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1836461&page=3

Stainless, 20 three-gill-type with top ports, machined to whatever OD you want; $40 from an entrepreneur in Idaho.
(of course they'll be more when he masters the inconel process.....jk:p)

technique
06-17-2010, 7:41 PM
Stainless, 20 three-gill-type with top ports, machined to whatever OD you want; $40 from an entrepreneur in Idaho.
(of course they'll be more when he masters the inconel process.....jk:p)

Ha, I get those in the white, bore, tap and turn to OD specifically for customers rifles...at least twice a week. Not a bad comp, but these Battle Comps do a bit more.

echoarms
06-18-2010, 1:30 PM
Question.

You said "machined". Are you machining every unit?
If so, you're saying that the use of a boring bar reaching in the 1/2in. hole an boring a larger ID is the cost factor?

You should really consider CNC.
Wow.

1.) I asked if the interior had a larger diameter than the minor diameter of the threads.
2.) Yes, the additional processes of boring and back boring interior geometry would be a cost factor for sure, as they are slower more delicate processes.
3.) It does not logically follow from any part of my question that I am suggesting that these are made manually. As a matter of fact, your post would seem to suggest that you believe the magic of "CNC" means they are not machined. Brilliant. I wont even comment on the fact that your post would also seem to be phrased such that you think I am making these and asking advice.

Now, these brakes are not in a store anywhere near me. Can someone who has one take a real close up picture? If you could take it from the inside before installed, that would be awesome.

technique
06-18-2010, 2:31 PM
Wow.

1.) I asked if the interior had a larger diameter than the minor diameter of the threads.
2.) Yes, the additional processes of boring and back boring interior geometry would be a cost factor for sure, as they are slower more delicate processes.
3.) It does not logically follow from any part of my question that I am suggesting that these are made manually. As a matter of fact, your post would seem to suggest that you believe the magic of "CNC" means they are not machined. Brilliant. I wont even comment on the fact that your post would also seem to be phrased such that you think I am making these and asking advice.

Now, these brakes are not in a store anywhere near me. Can someone who has one take a real close up picture? If you could take it from the inside before installed, that would be awesome.

Well #1 is pretty obvious.

I don't agree with your #2

#3 you didn't really give much to go on here... You asked 2 questions.

Why is the price so high?

I thought you were wondering if they were manually done individually on a mill and a lathe, thus driving the price up for the labor involved. (It's actually priced very reasonable IMO)

and

Is the the inside machined out like this?

You can actually see that it is in the first pic you provided, it's similar to your second pic.

I machine all my prototype baffles, I send successful designs to be CNC'ed...it keeps the cost down. It is magical.

gemini1
06-27-2010, 7:34 PM
It's not that bad. $149.99. It's a pretty good comp IMO.

I have it on one of my LMT barrels for my MRP and it works well. Better than I thought. I got to also compare it to the Triple Tap but from what I've heard from others is that it's the same if not better than the Triple Tap.

It's produced out of South San Francisco and I picked mine up from Brian through there.

www.battlecomp.com

I was at Jackson Arms this afternoon, they have some of this BattleComp in their display window. I'm not sure if the chinese looking lady working there is JAs owner but she told me that her husband, Brian designed this comp.
I heard that it works just like the PWS 556 yet is softer on the loud department.

mattmcg
08-03-2010, 12:24 PM
Has anybody scientifically compared the BattleComp to a KAC triple tap?

I'm particularly interested in the following A/B comparisons:
1. Noise level (dB)
2. Muzzle flash
3. Recoil reduction (lbs rearward force)

We all know that the price comparison is $400 for the KAC vs $150 for the Battlecomp. Having the above data would help figure out which is truly the better comp.....

till44
08-03-2010, 1:44 PM
Has anybody scientifically compared the BattleComp to a KAC triple tap?

I'm particularly interested in the following A/B comparisons:
1. Noise level (dB)
2. Muzzle flash
3. Recoil reduction (lbs rearward force)

We all know that the price comparison is $400 for the KAC vs $150 for the Battlecomp. Having the above data would help figure out which is truly the better comp.....

I haven't seen any scientific data, but from talking with other shooters, that own or have shot both side by side, the BattleComp wins.

Everyone I have talked to says that the noise level and recoil reduction are about the same between the two. However, the muzzle flash is less, and the price is significantly less. It doesn't have the CDI factor of the 3T, but they do a great job at waht they've been designed for.

Pluse they come in more calibers and even come in a 1.5 inch for the 14.5 inch builds.

Cyc Wid It
08-03-2010, 2:53 PM
Seems like it's getting great reviews on m4.net. Great to see a CA manufacturer making a good product that is recognized nationwide. Wonder how those SOCOM results will turn out.