PDA

View Full Version : When the hunter becomes the hunted

CSACANNONEER
06-17-2010, 9:13 AM
And you thought deer hunting was relatively safe:

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p43/csacannoneer/th_CanadianHunter.jpg (http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p43/csacannoneer/?action=view&current=CanadianHunter.mp4)

AH SHAT! I'll try to get the video up. Apparently, I did something wrong.

How about this:

http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p43/csacannoneer/?action=view&current=CanadianHunter.mp4

theseacow
06-17-2010, 9:17 AM
my friends next door neighbor was charged by a buck on his front porch and stabbed through the stomach by a horn. He now has to walk very slow.

CSACANNONEER
06-17-2010, 9:20 AM
AFAIK (and my information is really old so, this could have changed), the only animal related death in Yosemite was caused by a deer putting it's antler (deer do not have "horns") through the heart of a 5 year old on the valley floor.

Rally Dave
06-17-2010, 9:22 AM
Buck.....1
Hunter..0

Butthead
06-17-2010, 9:55 AM
Would have liked to have seen a video of the attack victim kicken the camera mans can after the ordeal for filming him instead of helping him out.

hill billy
06-17-2010, 9:55 AM
A simple sidearm could have solved that nicely for him. :D

theseacow
06-17-2010, 10:04 AM
AFAIK (and my information is really old so, this could have changed), the only animal related death in Yosemite was caused by a deer putting it's antler (deer do not have "horns") through the heart of a 5 year old on the valley floor.

slang homie. the deer that attacked the guy I know happened to be a forkin horn. And yes, I know thats not a technical term. Sucks either way to be attacked by a deer. Never heard the phrase "mighty horn hunter"?

Rusty_Buckhorn
06-17-2010, 10:27 AM
forkin horn

a "forkin" horn? hhmm... must be more slang for a fork horn or someone misheard someone saying "forked" horn and went with it.

theseacow
06-17-2010, 10:33 AM
a "forkin" horn? hhmm... must be more slang for a fork horn or someone misheard someone saying "forked" horn and went with it.

depends on where your from. slang is slang. i hunt alot of public land up in oregon and the term there is forkin horn. a lot of guys in the bay area also say forkin horn but its a little more common to just say fork. Ive also heard it as forking horn and forked horn in the southern midwest states.

Timberwolf
06-17-2010, 10:37 AM
I believe that deer just about all he was going to take. I can just imagine what the deer is thinkin:

"This is for my dad you bum, and my brother. So you wanna make burgers out of me huh . . . "

bombadillo
06-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Sidearm?? Even a 9mm would have been sufficient at that distance.

mif_slim
06-17-2010, 10:39 AM
Nah, that pic is because the stupid hunter put doe urine on himself thinking that it'll attrack the deers better...it sure did! LOL. Stupid hunters like that should be ban from hunting.

CSACANNONEER
06-17-2010, 10:41 AM
I believe that deer just about all he was going to take. I can just imagine what the deer is thinkin:

"This is for my dad you bum, and my brother. So you wanna jerky my meat huh . . . I don't think so but, I'll be happy to F you up instead"

Fixed it for you

Timberwolf
06-17-2010, 10:44 AM
LOL

theseacow
06-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Nah, that pic is because the stupid hunter put doe urine on himself thinking that it'll attrack the deers better...it sure did! LOL. Stupid hunters like that should be ban from hunting.

true that. bucks can get crazy stupid in the rut.

aaronraby1
06-17-2010, 10:54 AM

is that a true statement?? if so, where is your proof?

theseacow
06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
is that a true statement?? if so, where is your proof?

I think he's right. When that video first surfaced on the net, there was an article about it and I'm pretty sure thats what the details were. I know that incidents involving doe urine/attacks have happened in western oregon, so I'd imagine its happened many times if you count the whole USA.

Rusty_Buckhorn
06-17-2010, 11:01 AM
a lot of guys in the bay area also say forkin horn but its a little more common to just say fork. Ive also heard it as forking horn and forked horn in the southern midwest states.

just jerking your chain bud, I've heard them all before.

But, it actually makes me wonder how some of these terms came about. forkin isn't a word, forking horn makes no sense. just thinking outloud now :nuts:.... dang, is it deer season yet :no:

theseacow
06-17-2010, 11:04 AM
just jerking your chain bud, I've heard them all before.

But, it actually makes me wonder how some of these terms came about. forkin isn't a word, forking horn makes no sense. just thinking outloud now :nuts:.... dang, is it deer season yet :no:

I know your just messing around. so am i. I find local slang to be pretty funny. I called a logger a lumberjack one time as a joke deep in central oregon one time, and he about wanted to kill me. I had to swear to him it was a joke.

mmm hmmm. looks like a purdy good size dat der forkin' horn.

chaled
06-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Triangle choke from the guard always usually works against deers...

http://www.warriorpages.com/terminology/TriangleChoke.jpg

CSACANNONEER
06-17-2010, 1:17 PM
Triangle choke from the guard always usually works against deers...

Not always:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KivxoKnBHFc

professionalcoyotehunter
06-17-2010, 1:19 PM
Should not have poured doe attractant on himself.

theseacow
06-17-2010, 1:48 PM
Not always:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KivxoKnBHFc

thats cuz he didnt finish it right. got to have your ankle locked behind your knee, and pull down on the head.

lol. on a serious note, I cant believe you found a video of a guy attempting a triangle on a deer.

CSACANNONEER
06-17-2010, 1:51 PM
thats cuz he didnt finish it right. got to have your ankle locked behind your knee, and pull down on the head.

lol. on a serious note, I cant believe you found a video of a guy attempting a triangle on a deer.

The funny thing is that I had just finished watching it when I came back to this thread and saw chaled's post.

mif_slim
06-17-2010, 2:57 PM

LOL. That was hekka funnyy!! I loved the attempt triangle. LOL

jdberger
06-17-2010, 3:19 PM
This is still my fave animal attack video.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jH8LQPKx7fE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jH8LQPKx7fE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Who knew an orange tiger could vanish in green grass.

I wonder if 1lostinspace considered that when designing his camo....

gotime
06-17-2010, 3:38 PM
^ holy ****, i've never seen that video. :eek:

aaronraby1
06-17-2010, 6:10 PM
I think he's right. When that video first surfaced on the net, there was an article about it and I'm pretty sure thats what the details were. I know that incidents involving doe urine/attacks have happened in western oregon, so I'd imagine its happened many times if you count the whole USA.

i have heard of this before also. on the bear lure, it also says to wear gloves and to not put any on yourself. haha.

yet... they have cover scent wafers that HS makes.. im looking in my bass pro shop mag right now and they have "doe estrus" and "bucrut." you know... those little round things people put on their hats or jackets.. i know you have seen them in hunting shows. ha. .... interesting...

Mac
06-17-2010, 11:54 PM
LOL One thing for sure. That Buck can Box :D

Hunt
06-22-2010, 11:14 AM
I was bow hunting one time and snuck up on a couple of does w/ fawns. The big doe sent them all over the ridge and she came back to where I was and was snorting and stomping the ground about 5 feet from where I was lying on the ground behind a log. I stood up and she snorted and stomped a few more times then ran off.

Big Jake
06-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Yikes!