View Full Version : Customer/Warranty Service ? Ruger vs. Beretta

06-17-2010, 8:06 AM
I'm debating between the Ruger Vaquero and Beretta Stampede. They feel very similar but I really prefer the old west finish on the Stampede. I also really prefer Rugers customer service/warranty. Beretta limits theirs to 1/3 years depending on if you send in a warranty card. Will I ever need the warranty on the Beretta and how will they most likely take care of it 5 years from now?

06-17-2010, 9:13 AM
I've been watching this exact topic on the SASS Wire forums. The guys shooting high round counts in a lot of matches say the Berettas aren't holding up as well as the non-transfer-bar Ubertis, and neither of the Italian flavors hold up like a Ruger.

Get a Ruger. You won't be sorry.

Incidentally: if you have any interest in the 357 caliber, CDNN Investments is blowing out the 50th Anniversary 357 Blackhawk for well under $400. Might hit $450 or so by the time you have it in hand at a local dealer. These are some of the only Blackhawks made on the same medium-size (Colt SAA sized) frame as the New Vaquero. Superb guns. All are 357, all-blue, 4.68" barrel. There's also a 44Mag variant but it has a longer barrel and the grip is really a bit small for the 44Mag caliber.

06-17-2010, 9:41 AM
I've owned Rugers for over 40 years now, for the most part, nothing goes wrong with Rugers, at least mine, but I did have to send a Vaquero back to be checked, and was taken care of first class, I know Beretta has had problems with their transfer bar guns, I tried a new one that was in the show case a few years ago, and it locked up on the second cock, it couldn't be freed up, and even the owner of the gun shop couldn't get it to work, he said this was the second one from Beretta that had done this, so I'm not sure if they have fixed them or not, our local gun shop hasn't had any in their case for some time now, so maybe not. as for customer service some say Beretta takes an extremely long time in getting the guns back to customers. So my vote would be for Ruger all the way.

06-17-2010, 8:58 PM
1JIMMARCH, Thanks for the info but I'm looking for the more traditional look and even action. I do agree with both of you about the Ruger's ruggedness, I'm just trying to figure out why there is such a disparity between the two warranties. My round count in a year will be less than a SASS participant in a weekend.

06-17-2010, 9:24 PM
I know Beretta made great firearms. However, they still run their CS the way 500 years ago.

06-17-2010, 10:00 PM
my experience - Ruger = great customer service.
Beretta = neverbroke or recalled so dont know.