PDA

View Full Version : Extreme rapid fire with a handgun.

Wicked Pete
06-17-2010, 8:28 AM
Seen (Outdoor channel) some rapid fire techniques that are interesting, may be unsafe. One: on YouTube, some kind of bump fire with a hand gun. Very large man holds the weapon with two hands near his belt and empties the mag like a machine gun. Quick, bump fire?

The other: hold the weapon in your left hand, put your right hand first finger in the trigger guard and rattle the trigger. This is with a semi-auto, would not work with a revolver. Is this also bump fire?

I am NOT going to try any of these techniques. I am a little "GUN SHY", when it comes to playing around with firearms, I know what they can do. Does anyone know and practice them?

norcal.xd
06-17-2010, 11:37 AM
they are both ways of bump firing. another easier way is the get a board or piece of wood that is your arms length with a knob or something at the end than you can use it as a stock.....(warning kids DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME)..........i would be very careful as to where i would do this, i dont think bump firing is legal and if it is i really dont want to try to explain that my gun is not fully auto or that it misfired. someone is in court in another state over a misfire ar-15 he might go to prison....idk......i stopped reading about it

incredablehefey
06-17-2010, 11:39 AM
it is not illegal

incredablehefey
06-17-2010, 11:41 AM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GIC8SMttjjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GIC8SMttjjo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

MILLITIAof1
06-17-2010, 11:41 AM
completely legal

Rekrab
06-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Bump firing is hilariously fun and should be done every time you have a safe place to do it.

I recently got to bump fire a MAC11. I couldn't believe how fast it went!

nmerced
06-17-2010, 12:22 PM
Bump fire is fun......until you realize how expensive ammo can be.:(

Wicked Pete
06-17-2010, 12:43 PM
Great Video...

bohoki
06-17-2010, 2:35 PM
fat man with beretta its a top 20 viralKJ2vrrFkgV4

it looks unsafe and i think its very unsafe when i see anybody else do it

but when i do it its fun

i worry about maybe a catastrophic malfuncion due to a squib when doing it but so far ive been lucky

i do it with my stoeger 22 luger and its pretty cool having all 11 pieces of brass in the air

its a bit like the bump stick_3y2Cp0pKwA

Legasat
06-17-2010, 3:16 PM
It IS legal, but it will get you thrown out of most shooting ranges. Too uncontrollable.

Falstaff
06-17-2010, 3:22 PM
I got yelled at for firing more than 1 round in 2 seconds at the range last weekend!

JTROKS
06-17-2010, 3:36 PM
If you have the ammo, why not? It sure is fun, but you only learn how fast you can go through a batch of ammo. I have bump fired my AKs before and watching all the bullets kicking dirt at a nearby hill and the vibration of the gun made my heart beat faster. Although it is not as exhilarating as a 15 second 42 rat-tat-tat USPSA stage.