View Full Version : C&R question

06-17-2010, 7:20 AM
Can a C&R long gun be shipped from one to the other if Neither parties have either a FFL or C&R license and in the state?


06-17-2010, 7:29 AM
as long as the long gun is over 50-years old, CA law does not require an FFL be used to transfer that firearm between two non-dealers. A C&R FFL is not required. The law does not limit that exemption to FTF transfers only, shipped transfers are allowable as well.

Since the transfer happens intrastate, federal law does not come into play on this either.

06-17-2010, 8:04 AM

Mssr. Eleganté
06-17-2010, 9:40 PM
And just to clarify, if neither party has an FFL then both parties need to be California residents. Transferring ownership of a 50 year old C&R long gun to an out of state resident who is inside California is illegal, even though the firearm hasn't crossed State lines.