PDA

View Full Version : Please I Need Help Identifying this Complete AR Upper

mossberg500
06-17-2010, 2:24 AM
ok i just purchased a complete 20" Flat Top upper here, seller said its maid by Armalite, when I got the upper there is NO Markings on the Barrel at all take off the hand guard there is nothing at all, the only marking I can find is the KEY HOLE mark on the right side of the upper reciever, no twist rate just plane barrel, any help or input is greatly appreiciated thanks...

pic will be up next

slappomatt
06-17-2010, 5:57 AM
The keyhole is the mark of the original forger for the upper receiver blank. And that one is very common. Doesn't really tell us anything unfortunately.

mydogsmonkey
06-17-2010, 6:02 AM
The keyhole is the mark of the original forger for the upper receiver blank. And that one is very common. Doesn't really tell us anything unfortunately.

yup, keyhole means cerro forge, doesn't tell you much because many people use their forgings, otherwise, i have heard some armalite don't come marked, hopefully someone can chime in and help you out possibly with features but without markings or paperwork, its going to be extremely hard, if you didn't pay too much for it, just go shoot it

thrillhouse700
06-17-2010, 8:31 AM
Is that balute (sp) in your avatar?

06-17-2010, 9:24 AM
ok i just purchased a complete 20" Flat Top upper here, seller said its maid by Armalite, when I got the upper there is NO Markings on the Barrel at all take off the hand guard there is nothing at all, the only marking I can find is the KEY HOLE mark on the right side of the upper reciever, no twist rate just plane barrel, any help or input is greatly appreiciated thanks...

pic will be up next

Armalite have markings on all of their products. An Armalite receiver should have a marking like "AR". I'd be very surprise to see an Armalite barrel without marking.

dieselpower
06-17-2010, 10:04 AM
I own an Armalite barrle without markings. The upper should have the AR symbol though. It might be an Eagle which IICR is an offbrand of Armalite. Does this have a bayonet lug?

mossberg500
06-17-2010, 11:37 AM
I own an Armalite barrle without markings. The upper should have the AR symbol though. It might be an Eagle which IICR is an offbrand of Armalite. Does this have a bayonet lug?

Yes there is bayu lug, and the washer fir the flash hider is flat white look like alumninum washer to me, and for my avatar yes indeed its balut, i will post pic for this upper

r1ghtw1ng
06-17-2010, 1:08 PM
On my armalite upper, the receiver is marked by a circle with a cross in it, kind of like crosshairs. But I've seen others with the cerro forge (keyhole) stamp. I don't think my barrel had any distinguishing marks.

mossberg500
06-18-2010, 1:17 AM
On my armalite upper, the receiver is marked by a circle with a cross in it, kind of like crosshairs

this is what thought also,