PDA

View Full Version : Does Sean Penn still have a CCW?

gunsandrockets
06-17-2010, 12:19 AM
People may remember this story from a few years back...

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/pennpermit1.html

I've always thought that the fact that convicted hothead Sean Penn was able to get a CCW permit sums up perfectly what is wrong with the California "may issue" CCW law.

Instead of calling California policy "may issue", maybe we should call it "Sean Penn issue" instead. Seems like a winning sound bite to me.

bodger
06-17-2010, 8:17 AM
Just a few days ago, this same subject was talked about here: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=311632&highlight=penn

VinlandWarrior
06-17-2010, 8:23 AM
We all know, if your willing to spend the money, you can get anything you want.
Just ask O.J.
Now, does anyone know a small P.D. that could use a donated patrol car?

BigDogatPlay
06-17-2010, 10:26 AM
As I posted in the other linked thread.....

Don't know if Sean's recent plea rates a revocation, but if anyone is interested in filing a PRAR....

Town of Ross Police Department

James T. Reis,
Chief of Police

Phone:
(415) 453-1453, Option 2

Street Address:
33 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard
Ross, CA 94957

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 320
Ross, CA 94957

yellowfin
06-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Instead of calling California policy "may issue", maybe we should call it "Sean Penn issue" instead. Seems like a winning sound bite to me.If you want to get the point across, call it "Separate But Equal Issue."

N6ATF
06-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Or "Bribe Amount May Vary Issue"

*Any fee paid to the government to exercise a fundamental human right is a bribe in my book.

advocatusdiaboli
06-17-2010, 8:36 PM
This corruption is appalling for a nation with the foundation of this one predicated on RKBA and the Minute Men. I never imagined this level corruption in the highest levels of our law enforcement organizations.

turbogg
06-17-2010, 11:12 PM
^^ I think that statement about sums up the feelings of many of us here on Calguns.

corrupt
06-20-2010, 12:26 PM
From what I heard years ago is that since the two pistols that were listed on his CCW were stolen out of his grand national, the Police decided not to amend his CCW with any new pistols. Whether any of that is true, I dunno.

And anyway, Penn needs a CCW. Have you seen how tiny that dude is? Hahaha.

SJgunguy24
06-20-2010, 12:43 PM
From what I heard years ago is that since the two pistols that were listed on his CCW were stolen out of his grand national, the Police decided not to amend his CCW with any new pistols. Whether any of that is true, I dunno.

And anyway, Penn needs a CCW. Have you seen how tiny that dude is? Hahaha.

That's funny, I met him before in San Francisco. Was walking with the family and my girl spots him and is star struck:rolleyes: Wow Like I give a crap.(worked at an airport for 3 years, name them I met them)

He was with his ex wife, the chick who played Jenny in Forrest Gump and their 2 kids. He seemed like a nice enough guy. He did think it was kinda funny because the wife wouldn't walk over and say anything to him, so he just waved. He's nothing special, unless his crap smells like roses, he's a man just like me.

BKinzey
06-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Sure we should point out the hypocracy but might as well use him as an example. One of the "fears" the antis make is CCW will increase brandishing and shootings. Can't argue Sean Penn is a hothead. Has he ever abused his CCW? If he did don't you think we would know about it? While known hotheads should have a closer scrutiny it looks like he hasn't abused his.

yellowfin
06-20-2010, 1:04 PM
^ However his endorsement and alliance with Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro is probably grounds for yanking it.

E-120
06-20-2010, 1:08 PM
He is in this months vanity fair talking about Haiti. The article starts about him having a glock in his waste band.

nn3453
06-20-2010, 1:12 PM
Separate but equal is the unstated law of the land. It does not apply to just CCW permits. Building permits, zoning, you name it. If you are in bed with a politician or an official (for instance donating to their election campaign or other funds), you are not Johnny Citizen anymore. When you give one set of people unlimited authority over another without checks and bounds in place, or obscuring the checks and bounds and not making it accountable to the general public, this does and will happen and has been happening, since the days of very early humans.

Skipper
06-20-2010, 4:48 PM
Does Sean Penn still have a CCW?

If you mean a Crazy Communist Wazoo, then, yeah he does.