PDA

View Full Version : Spikes heavy buffer for ar-15's?

hnoppenberger
06-16-2010, 11:27 PM
I have this part in a pistol, and the gun functions great with it.
my question is will it work for 20" uppers or 16" uppers?
my concern would be the lower gas pressures in long uppers and possibly not recycling after each shot due to the buffer being too heavy, however spikes advertises this as recoil reduction, which i am a huge fan of.
any thoughts?

telcolineman
06-16-2010, 11:54 PM
It will work fine in either, It will just slow the bolt down a little. Thus allowing more chamber pressure to subside before the bolt cycles

IsaacGlass
06-17-2010, 12:57 AM
I have this part in a pistol, and the gun functions great with it.
my question is will it work for 20" uppers or 16" uppers?
my concern would be the lower gas pressures in long uppers and possibly not recycling after each shot due to the buffer being too heavy, however spikes advertises this as recoil reduction, which i am a huge fan of.
any thoughts?

If you are looking for something to manage recoil, try a muzzle break.

hnoppenberger
06-17-2010, 9:07 AM
i already run a break on one of my uppers, but ar's dont recoil much. I just thought it would be a neat upgrade since the easiest gun to manage out of the group is the little 7.5" barrel pistol, running a sun devil break and a spikes buffer. So it would definitly work with a 20" upper?

dachan
06-17-2010, 9:44 AM
So it would definitly work with a 20" upper?

Yes, assuming you have a carbine stock. Just making sure since there are not too many people running a 20" upper with a carbine stock.

hnoppenberger
06-17-2010, 10:33 AM
no i would be running a rifle stock on a 20" upper. that would not be compatible?

dachan
06-17-2010, 11:07 AM
no i would be running a rifle stock on a 20" upper. that would not be compatible?

CAR buffer and A2 buffer are completely different

J_Rock
06-17-2010, 2:21 PM
Its basically a H2 buffer. Treat accordingly