PDA

View Full Version : Anybody LOVE their IZH Baikal 46m??? I'm looking for reviews from owners

bombadillo
06-16-2010, 9:43 PM
I am looking at this airgun:http://www.pyramydair.com/images/zoomed/IZH46M-combo_zm.jpg And am wondering if anybody around here has one or has any experience with one. I really like that they're a self contained unit requiring no PCP canisters, CO2 or any other compressed gas and they're about a 1/4" group accuracy @ 10 meters. I've wanted one for awhile and I think I can afford it but I really want the reviews first.

9mmepiphany
06-16-2010, 9:54 PM
i've been trying to find one for over a year, but everyone was out of stock (plus they kept pushing back expected arrival dates)

everything i've read has been positive, but you need a strong ego to shoot one...it magnifies all your faults

bombadillo
06-16-2010, 9:59 PM
Thats all right. I am trying to do just that. Figure out my faults with an airgun and learn trigger discipline and control to be able to take with me to smallbore pistol shooting. Then take that to IPSC someday when I am a better shooter. Its all about trigger time and learning to understand your mistakes that you DO make. I found one for around $379 and its a promising unit but from that to $449, you get a B-Square mount, a BSA red dot, and some other goodies with it. I'm trying to figure out which one I want.

maxima
06-16-2010, 10:09 PM
I bought one a few years ago, had great results for NRA air gun metallic silhouette shooting with shadtree shooter club http://www.shadetreeshooters.org/. I went from B Class(Open sights) all the way up to Master Class(Open sights) in one year. The only modification I made is the grip. It is very easy to pump, super accurate, trigger is fully adjustable. Pyramyd Air has it with good price.

9mmepiphany
06-16-2010, 11:11 PM
Thats all right. I am trying to do just that. Figure out my faults with an airgun and learn trigger discipline and control to be able to take with me to smallbore pistol shooting. Then take that to IPSC someday when I am a better shooter. Its all about trigger time and learning to understand your mistakes that you DO make. I found one for around $379 and its a promising unit but from that to $449, you get a B-Square mount, a BSA red dot, and some other goodies with it. I'm trying to figure out which one I want.

the $379 one is discounted 16%; with just the scope, the discount is 10%; with the case, the discount goes back up to 15%...so bang for the buck, it's either the basic pistol or the whole getup

i just checked on it too, but i've been looking at a S&W M&P9 setup to shoot IDPA SSP or USPSA Production with