PDA

View Full Version : Off-list lower

bballin21
03-31-2006, 5:54 PM
I just spoke to a gun dealer in orange county who stated he would not do any work on offlist lower receivers. He stated it is a waste of money to buy an offlist lower receiver because you can not add anything to it.

He stated, if you read the DOJ memo regarding the new off-list lowers, he interprets that it is illegal to add anything to the lower receiver.

So what is the best thing to do right now with our off list lower receiver? Keep it stripped or build it?

RRangel
03-31-2006, 6:01 PM
Read the CALIFORNIA AR/AK "SERIES" ASSAULT WEAPON FAQ (http://www.calguns.net/a_california_arak.htm) at the top.

ambiguous216
03-31-2006, 6:02 PM
I just spoke to a gun dealer in orange county who stated he would not do any work on offlist lower receivers. He stated it is a waste of money to buy an offlist lower receiver because you can not add anything to it.

He stated, if you read the DOJ memo regarding the new off-list lowers, he interprets that it is illegal to add anything to the lower receiver.

So what is the best thing to do right now with our off list lower receiver? Keep it stripped or build it?

Who did you talk to?

CrazyJeep
03-31-2006, 6:03 PM
Depends on where you go, email me at @gmail.com and i'll let you know where to go. I've been thorugh the same boat, eventually found 2 in the OC that did it without a problem.

bballin21
03-31-2006, 6:20 PM
nm................................

Riodog
04-10-2006, 5:32 PM
Same line I got from them. Oh well, guess we just have to spread the word. He wouldn't even answer a question for me.
Rio:mad:

10K2HVN
04-10-2006, 7:24 PM
I was at Arm USA in Fullerton, and they told me the same thing.

After that, we just kept off the subject...

shin_en
04-10-2006, 8:02 PM
Anyone know if Evans will work on them?