PDA

View Full Version : How to send multiple pics thru email

RobG
06-16-2010, 4:06 PM
I am trying to send my brother a bunch of pics to his Hotmail acct. It keeps coming back as too large a volume. The pics are 2000ish kb each. Is there a way to shrink them? Keep it simple, I am no computer pro:) Its a PITA to send one or two pics at a time.

Thanks

ocabj
06-16-2010, 4:34 PM
You can use an image editing program to resize and/or downsample.

Or you could just open a flickr account and upload them to your flickr account and give the URLs to the photos to your brother so he can see/download them at his leisure.

fdbizzle
06-16-2010, 6:13 PM
Yeah, using a flicker.com/photobucket.com is good way to go

If you have a ton of pics that need resizing, you'd probably have to do a batch to resize 'em

todd2968
06-16-2010, 7:00 PM
If you cut and paste on a word file it will automatically down size

Donny1
06-16-2010, 7:06 PM
RobG,

I use photoshop but if you google "Artweaver" it's a free program that works similar to photoshop. It's not that difficult to figure out how to do basic stuff.

Top left menu bar:
file>open to bring in a picture.

edit or image>image size and just put in a smaller size.

then file>save as whateveryouwant.jpg.

it will give you the option to adjust the quality as well. when you "save as" and use a different name for the image it will leave the original intact.

Really not hard to figure out.

Hope it helps.

JDay
06-16-2010, 7:25 PM
You can use an image editing program to resize and/or downsample.

Or you could just open a flickr account and upload them to your flickr account and give the URLs to the photos to your brother so he can see/download them at his leisure.

Flicker charges, I'd use http://www.imageshack.us since its free and hotmail has about a 2mb file size limit (just email him your imageshack album url). Or just burn them to CD/DVD and mail them to him.

jarhead995
06-16-2010, 11:05 PM
make a folder put the pics you want in it then turn it into a zip (click compress) then send that file.

JDay
06-16-2010, 11:33 PM
make a folder put the pics you want in it then turn it into a zip (click compress) then send that file.

Except his images are each over the max file size limit for hotmail, i.e. hotmail will reject them.

den888
06-17-2010, 5:13 PM
Imageshack or Photobucket will host the photos for free. So, will Google Picasa.

You can simply send him the URL's (links).

jarhead995
06-17-2010, 6:41 PM
Except his images are each over the max file size limit for hotmail, i.e. hotmail will reject them.

Nothing wrong with sending multiple emails

OKAY

go to filefront.com make a compressed folder of your pics upload them there (quick and easy) and share the link.

JDay
06-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Nothing wrong with sending multiple emails

There is when you have a ton of pictures to send, takes forever to do them one at a time. Online photo albums are a much better solution, you can even control who can see them.

ocabj
06-17-2010, 10:59 PM
Personally, I think uploading your photos on a web accessible server/service is a far better way to share photos than email them to people.

For one, some people have slow connections (yes, not everyone has access to multi 10Gig links) and use POP or IMAP clients. Sending several large attachments to that person pretty much DoS's their email client when they check their mail since it's going to have to sit and download that mail and attachments.

If I want to share photos, I just use Menalto Gallery (PHP+SQL based) hosted on my own domain, or my zenfolio account. Or I just use Facebook if it's for a specific personal event with friends (i.e. birthday party).

Ricky-Ray
06-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Add all the pics to a zip file. Then go to http://www.sendthisfile.com/ . Select what file you want to send and then enter the email address and click send.

What it will do is upload the zip file to their server and then send an email to the person letting them know that there's a file waiting for him to download. The email will contain the link and all he has to do is click on the link to download the file and then unzip it and done, he's got your images full size.

I have used this service many of times and have never had issues with them. I would however let the person you are sending to ahead of time to be on the lookout for an email from them as sometimes it could be in the junk folder or could be "suspicious" as spam if they don't know who it's from.

jarhead995
06-18-2010, 3:14 AM
There is when you have a ton of pictures to send, takes forever to do them one at a time. Online photo albums are a much better solution, you can even control who can see them.

Then it sucks when they delete them for being inactive. :/

JDay
06-18-2010, 3:54 AM
Then it sucks when they delete them for being inactive. :/

I've never had that problem, you must have used a lame service.

Ricky-Ray
06-18-2010, 9:46 AM
http://www.freewarefiles.com/Vallen-Jpegger_program_14588.html

Jpegger has the capability of auto resizing also. All you have to do is select the image and then Select Image and Quick Downsize. It will give you several default options on small, medium or large size or you can do custom sizes also. You can also do a mass downsize by selecting all the pictures and select quick downsize.

i1800collect
06-18-2010, 10:04 AM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Dropbox yet.

Dropbox is awesome for syncing files across computers, sharing files/folders, and collaboration projects. It is completely free and you start out with 2GB of storage but you can get more space for free by referring people. I am up to 4GBs. :)

Home page: https://www.dropbox.com/

If you like it and want to create an account, please use my referral link :D (I'm running out of space again!): https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTQ1OTYzNzE5

UBFRAGD
06-20-2010, 1:09 PM
Filezilla the pics to your web host. Then just send the links. No downsizing, no crap ads.