PDA

View Full Version : 50 round limit next year?

mekamonkey
06-16-2010, 4:12 PM
Hello,

I was listening to 2nd amendment radio for the first time today and it was mentioned that a bill passed that starting next year (in February) CA residents can only purchase 50 rounds of pistol ammo per month.. I cant seem to find any mention of this anywhere, just the internet ammo ban. Anyone heard of this?

Thanks.

CSACANNONEER
06-16-2010, 4:14 PM
They were WRONG! That part of the bill was removed before it passed.

Bill Carson
06-16-2010, 4:22 PM
fud

IGOTDIRT4U
06-16-2010, 4:22 PM
They were WRONG! That part of the bill was removed before it passed.

When does the face to face requirement kick in.

Scratch705
06-16-2010, 4:24 PM
feb 2011

G17GUY
06-16-2010, 4:25 PM

I believe February.

CSACANNONEER
06-16-2010, 4:26 PM

IIRC, it's not a FTF requirement as much as it is proving that the buyer is at least 21. Technically, one could still order handgun ammo and have it delivered to their home if, the delivery agent verified one's age. If fingerprints or other records are going to be required (I forget since, I'm not overly concerned about it. I reload), the delivery agent could do that too. THe problem would be finding a delivery company willing to jump through those hoops.

orangeusa
06-16-2010, 4:26 PM
First post FAIL. You have much to learn, young padawan. Fear not, read more here and you will be a Jedi soon !

CSACANNONEER
06-16-2010, 4:28 PM
First post FAIL. You have much to learn, young padawan. Fear not, read more here and you will be a Jedi soon !

I disagree. I'd call it a first post WIN. He came here questioning what he heard in the media and he is getting the real answers!

RomanDad
06-16-2010, 4:35 PM
I agree w/ my cannon shooting friend.

HowardW56
06-16-2010, 4:44 PM
I disagree. I'd call it a first post WIN. He came here questioning what he heard in the media and he is getting the real answers!

:iagree:

professionalcoyotehunter
06-16-2010, 4:45 PM
:iagree:

Full Clip
06-16-2010, 4:47 PM
Hmmm, this just reminds me to buy more ammo now while I can.

bodger
06-16-2010, 4:49 PM
Welcome to CalGuns, your internet source for FUD removal.

(Fear Uncertainty and Doubt, in case you didn't know that yet)

Search for some of the threads on AB962 and read on, you'll be enlightened.

Join us in the never ending fight. :D

liketoshoot
06-16-2010, 5:18 PM
when I read the lead line I knew if I looked at his post count it would be under 10, thanks for making me right for the first time today........
Oh and wellcome to calguns we answer all question no matter how many time they are asked.... :)

paul0660
06-16-2010, 5:21 PM
2nd amendment radio

there is such a thing? Sounds like it is broadcast from a gun store. 1/4 BS, 1/4 FUD, remainder attitude.

Btw that bill only applies to handgun ammo.

OleCuss
06-16-2010, 5:24 PM
Since no one else has mentioned it I'll note that some of the most knowledgeable among us believe that the further provisions of AB962 will never take effect. So far as I can tell, legal action is pending and is expected to be highly successful.

orangeusa
06-16-2010, 5:32 PM
And before you folks jump on me anymore, my point was - the search button is your friend - especially in the 2A section.... Yikes - tough crowd.... :) (At least I didn't post a facepalm picture)....

CSACANNONEER
06-16-2010, 5:38 PM
And before you folks jump on me anymore, my point was - the search button is your friend - especially in the 2A section.... Yikes - tough crowd.... :)

The OP is brand new and he said he looked for the answer before he posted the question. Either he did not see the search function or, it just SUCKS! Either way, we don't want to run him off. We need to welcome new blood instead.

mekamonkey,

You do know that since you're the FNG, you have to supply the rest of us with a box of ammo when you meet us. Right? BTW, I'll take a box of 50BMG.

liketoshoot
06-16-2010, 5:39 PM
this^^^^^^^^^^^ is good fun!!!

paul0660
06-16-2010, 5:42 PM
2A radio........does it exist? Unless the OP can answer this, he is aptly named, IMO.

orangeusa
06-16-2010, 5:42 PM
How quickly they turn!! And this got reall funny all of a sudden!! :)

ZX-10R
06-16-2010, 5:49 PM
I already started hoarding ammo like I did in WA. This state is politically just unstable and the liberal laws to retarded for my taste. Just ordered 1760 rounds of 7.62x54 surplus Albanian brass.

Cnynrat
06-16-2010, 5:55 PM
And truth is, a 50 round purchase limit was never in the bill. The requirement in the original bill was that any seller that sold more than 50 rounds per month was required to become a licensed ammunition dealer. They pulled the entire licensing scheme from the bill because there was a cost to the state to implement that program and that was threatening to tank the bill given the precarious financial situation of the state.

Nate74
06-16-2010, 5:57 PM
Most agree this will get overturned, but will take a few years. I'm thinking that's plenty of time for some enterprising souls to open up border ammo shops in AZ and NV. Heck, you rent a 15 person van, fill a cooler with your favorite adult beverages, get your wife to drive you and all your friends across the boarder and make a fun weekend out of it.

paul0660
06-16-2010, 6:05 PM
some of the most knowledgeable among us believe that the further provisions of AB962 will never take effect.

Sooner than later, because as uninformed as the OP was, out of state dealers are worse.

mekamonkey
06-17-2010, 9:33 AM

Yeah, I figgured this was the best place to go and get the correct answers and looks like I was right, thanks for the info all =)

mekamonkey
06-17-2010, 9:38 AM
I'll take a box of 50BMG.

I don't think I can buy that here hmmm... oh wait there is a search button I'll use that first before I ask from now on =P

mekamonkey
06-17-2010, 9:39 AM
2A radio........does it exist? Unless the OP can answer this, he is aptly named, IMO.

http://www.2aradio.com/ this guy was on the History channels top shot show that's where I heard about it.

CSACANNONEER
06-17-2010, 10:10 AM
IIRC, it's not a FTF requirement as much as it is proving that the buyer is at least 21. Technically, one could still order handgun ammo and have it delivered to their home if, the delivery agent verified one's age. If fingerprints or other records are going to be required (I forget since, I'm not overly concerned about it. I reload), the delivery agent could do that too. THe problem would be finding a delivery company willing to jump through those hoops.

I'm still waiting for someone to confirm or deny my thoughts about shipping requirements,. Anyone????

I don't think I can buy that here hmmm... oh wait there is a search button I'll use that first before I ask from now on =P

Actually, it is perfectly legal to buy and sell commercially made 50BMG ammo in California as long as it is not pyrotechnic ammo. So, AP, Ball and commercially made projectiles are fine. But, no worries, I have plenty already. I'll take a box of 7.5 Nagant instead.:43:

http://www.2aradio.com/ this guy was on the History channels top shot show that's where I heard about it.

Ah, so you fell into the trap of believing what you read in newspapers, hear on the radio and see on TV. You should know that the only things that you should blindly believe is what you read on the internet. Specially, what you read on public forums, blogs, tweets, etc.

DDG
06-17-2010, 10:31 AM
Welcome Mekamonkey.

FYI - I'll take 357 Mag.

mekamonkey
06-17-2010, 10:38 AM
Thats the thing I could not believe that such a thing would have passed and I had not heard about it, I mean the NRA floods my in box with alerts every day so to have missed that one I was like "there's no way I missed that"

Aleksandr Mravinsky
06-17-2010, 10:45 AM
IIRC, it's not a FTF requirement as much as it is proving that the buyer is at least 21.

So this would mean that an 18-20 year old who owned a 10/22 or similar .22LR weapon would not be able to purchase any ammunition for their rifle within this state?

Legasat
06-17-2010, 10:55 AM
Search for AB962 if you want to learn some background on all of this.

Welcome to CalGuns!

bodger
06-17-2010, 10:58 AM
The OP is brand new and he said he looked for the answer before he posted the question. Either he did not see the search function or, it just SUCKS! Either way, we don't want to run him off. We need to welcome new blood instead.

mekamonkey,

You do know that since you're the FNG, you have to supply the rest of us with a box of ammo when you meet us. Right? BTW, I'll take a box of 50BMG.

I think there is a new rule that in addition to the ammo, there is now a bacon donation requirement as well.

FNG brand bacon and ammo! PM for shipping address.

ElkHunterSL
06-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Shipping companies already do. When I get my alcohol shipments someone over 21 has to sign.

hollabillz
06-17-2010, 10:45 PM
i read the title and thought 50 round mag limit. rose-colored glasses D: :)