PDA

View Full Version : New DOJ Letter Concept

shopkeep
03-31-2006, 2:10 PM
Well I'm not an incredible author of letters to the DOJ, but maybe someone else here is (I know some of your are like attorneys at writting these). But how about a letter that addresses the following issues:

1. What specific section of the California CCR and PC allows the DOJ to regulate AW registration i.e. cancel registration, conditional registration

2. Is it lawful to add 12276 features during the 90 registration window?

3. Which specific section of the California CCR and PC allows the DOJ the authority to create new "tiers" of Assault Weapons.

4. which specific section of the California CCR and PC allows the DOJ the authority to declassify something as an AW (i.e. a welded colt is no longer cateogry 2). What allows the DOJ to control what is on and off the list and in what configurations the rifle is allowed to be in?

These are answers we should really have. I just don't have the ability to express myself like Bill and some of the others do. I think we should write a good letter asking these questions.

tenpercentfirearms
03-31-2006, 2:14 PM
Go take a break! Get away from the computer! Until they list something, they are not going to answer those questions. Until they list something, those questions mean nothing. If it isn't raining go for a walk. If it is raining, go for a walk. Step away from the keyboard! Call me on my cell and buy some uppers or something. Just step away!

DV8
03-31-2006, 2:27 PM
Yeah man, take a break. Its much more fun to go shoot than sit at home and write letters....:D

shopkeep
03-31-2006, 2:33 PM
Yeah man, take a break. Its much more fun to go shoot than sit at home and write letters....:D

Things have been slow due to the poor weather in my office. Been spending a lot of time on the forum to kill time. Plus the internet is down at my house so I can't get my Calguns fix in the evening after work :(!!!

I've been shooting my off-list rifles almost every weekend though. I'm extremely addicted to off-list lowers.

blacklisted
03-31-2006, 2:34 PM
I've got school to keep my mind of this right now, but I was going crazy around January. Now I have midterms so I have barely given a thought to this other than to take my lowers out and fondle them (and put a buttstock on one). Speaking of school, I'm supposed to be studying for my Geography and psychology midterms :eek: 2 hours left before Geography. Stay sane! Don't let the crazy thoughts take over! Receivers, off-list AK, DoJ, Ignatius Chinn, Bill Lockyer, Alison Merrilees, Letters, Certified Mail, Dana McKinnon, Noobs, Paranoia, Tinfoil, Rivets, Hydraulic Press, Lower Parts kit, Hogue pistol grip, A3 upper receiver, JP adjustable gas block, Fulton, Cowards, Paperclips, Toothpicks, Paper Shredder, Fax Machine, Coaster, IBTL, Stapler, etc.

BTW: What is the maritime effect? I can't find it anywhere. For that matter, what the hell is advection? :D

thmpr
03-31-2006, 3:34 PM
I agree with Wes. We need to let them figure this ordeal out. DOJ already stated that they will list. If they do not act soon, there are other good people on this list that has something in place.

:D

capitol
03-31-2006, 4:02 PM
Go get em Wes :D

krazek
03-31-2006, 4:33 PM
Go take a break! Get away from the computer! Until they list something, they are not going to answer those questions. Until they list something, those questions mean nothing. If it isn't raining go for a walk. If it is raining, go for a walk. Step away from the keyboard! Call me on my cell and buy some uppers or something. Just step away!

rofl. wes you're my hero.

NorCal MedTac
03-31-2006, 6:19 PM
Maritime Effect
The effect that large ocean bodies have on the climate of locations or regions. This effect results in a lower range in surface air temperature at both daily and annual scales

I've got school to keep my mind of this right now, but I was going crazy around January. Now I have midterms so I have barely given a thought to this other than to take my lowers out and fondle them (and put a buttstock on one). Speaking of school, I'm supposed to be studying for my Geography and psychology midterms :eek: 2 hours left before Geography. Stay sane! Don't let the crazy thoughts take over! Receivers, off-list AK, DoJ, Ignatius Chinn, Bill Lockyer, Alison Merrilees, Letters, Certified Mail, Dana McKinnon, Noobs, Paranoia, Tinfoil, Rivets, Hydraulic Press, Lower Parts kit, Hogue pistol grip, A3 upper receiver, JP adjustable gas block, Fulton, Cowards, Paperclips, Toothpicks, Paper Shredder, Fax Machine, Coaster, IBTL, Stapler, etc.

BTW: What is the maritime effect? I can't find it anywhere. For that matter, what the hell is advection? :D

ohsmily
04-01-2006, 7:32 PM
Speaking of school, I'm supposed to be studying for my Geography and psychology midterms :eek: 2 hours left before Geography.

Wait a sec...are you in college? What college has a GEOGRAPHY class? I am just curious...

blacklisted
04-01-2006, 7:35 PM
Wait a sec...are you in college? What college has a GEOGRAPHY class? I am just curious...

LOL! Community college, it's an elective. Actually, 2 of my classes are electives this semester (Astronomy and Geography). I'm also taking Psychology and Geology. I need to get a 4.0 this semester, so I took a few classes that would be easy A's.

Geography is actually like a VERY light version of my Geology class. Astronomy is about 10 times easier than the Astronomy class I took at UC Berkeley after 7th grade (summer program). I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that. On the last test, I got 104%, and the quiz after that I got 113%. I earned 4-5 college units for that while still in Junior High, but I have no idea how to "access" it. This class has absolutely no math, but the one I took after 7th grade did. I could go on and on. I just want to get through these classes so I can move on and learn something. I've already finished English 101A and B, so I shouldn't have to take any more English classes (I hope).

I learned the hard way last semester that I can not take classes during the day and stay focused / awake (at least not without a radical change in my sleep schedule).

By the way, the midterm was incredibly easy. :D

I believe the Geography class counts as a science course for non science majors, or it is for some new GIS degree program.

CALI-gula
04-01-2006, 7:38 PM
Maritime Effect
The effect that large ocean bodies have on the climate of locations or regions. This effect results in a lower range in surface air temperature at both daily and annual scales

I wonder if the DOJ has a lower range at both daily and annual sales.