PDA

View Full Version : scope mount for savage mark II G .22 Rifle

beachmood
06-16-2010, 1:26 PM
Newbie question...

I'm learning/researching about mounting a scope on my mark II G.
I plan on getting this piece to mount it:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=401293

Am I supposed to order two pieces of these mounts?

And is mounting a scope something people usually do by themselves or professionally?

BSlacker
06-16-2010, 8:04 PM
Take a look at this mount.
http://http://egw-guns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39_128&products_id=280
The link you provided didn't work for me. Most two piece mounts are not worth mounting.
Most mounts and rings come with wrenches to mount them. It is a easy 10 min deal.

beachmood
06-16-2010, 8:27 PM
Dang that mount is 40 bucks! Is the extra $ worth it for a one piece?
The two piece mount is just 8 bux for both haha :P

what's the difference between 0MOA and 20MOA?

Sailormilan2
06-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Weaver:
#15 0.195"
#16 0.205"
#43 0.265"
#45 0.396"
#S45 Grand Slam steel bases 0.396"
Measurments are the thickness of the bases, given to match the bases and rings for mounting different size scopes on these little actions.

Leupold:
Standard bases:
Gloss black #50028

QR (quick release):
Gloss black #52240
Matte black #52239

QRW (quick release weaver), for weaver style rings:
Gloss black #49866

Redfield:
SR-541:
Gloss black #47195

Burris:
TU-541:
Gloss black #410301

TU-DISC:
Matte black #410218
Nickel silver #410219

With the Leupold, Redfield and Burris style bases the rear base has to be turned around to where the windage screws are on the front of the base in order to clear the bolt handle. And if you want to save a couple bucks try the Redfield bases, Brownells has them about $8 cheaper then the Leupold and they are identical.

Theres a lot of other bases out there that will work, you just dont find them listed for the Savage rimfires. Any brand you choose just look for bases listed for the Remington 541 or the Knight Wolverine or Knight Disc Rifle. I hope this helps someone out.

BSlacker
06-17-2010, 4:06 AM
[QUOTE][/QUOT
Dang that mount is 40 bucks! Is the extra $ worth it for a one piece?
The two piece mount is just 8 bux for both haha :P

what's the difference between 0MOA and 20MOA?
E]

The one piece mount will have more options for mounting the scope. You can't put the scope where there is no mount sort of thing. I have them on all my rifles. 40 bucks will be cheap after you buy several two piece mounts to get the eye relief/height you want.
Generally the two piece mounts will offer lower heights and a larger selection of heights. One piece mounts tend to be a little high. You may want to keep the iron sights on a rifle and a little height helps.
20 MOA is for long distance shooting. Not generally the strong point of rimfire. Scopes are limited to a fixed amount of elevation adjustment the bias built in 20 MOA mounts helps tilt the scope to add elevation. Not generally needed for rimfire. :)