PDA

View Full Version : jericho baby eagle

garrett916
06-15-2010, 11:44 PM
i just recently traded a fellow calgunner and im pickin up my new jericho soon. i was wondering where i could buy extra clips if anybody knows. also since it is a 45 i was wondering if thier is a 22 conversion kit or 9mm for target practice. I saw some cool kits for this gun but it was for the polymer version. If anybody knows where i could get parts for this gun let me know. also if anybody is experinced with this gun and has any info on it let me know

1911Operator
06-15-2010, 11:51 PM
luuuuckyyyyy

kozumasbullitt
06-16-2010, 12:38 AM
i just recently traded a fellow calgunner and im pickin up my new jericho soon. i was wondering where i could buy extra clips if anybody knows. also since it is a 45 i was wondering if thier is a 22 conversion kit or 9mm for target practice. I saw some cool kits for this gun but it was for the polymer version. If anybody knows where i could get parts for this gun let me know. also if anybody is experinced with this gun and has any info on it let me know

I would check the usual online vendors or check out a gun show, also this forum frowns on using "clip" instead of magazine.

Definition of Clips:
A clip is a device that is used to store multiple rounds of ammunition together as a unit, ready for insertion into the magazine of a repeating firearm. This speeds up the process of loading the firearm as several rounds can be loaded at once, rather than one round being loaded at a time. Several different types of clips exist, most of which are made of inexpensive metal stampings that are designed to be disposable, though they are often re-used.

Definition of Magazines:
A magazine (also called a mag or, commonly but incorrectly, especially when removable, a clip) is an ammunition storage and feeding device within or attached to a firearm. Magazines may be integral to the firearm (fixed) or removable (detachable).

bigthaiboy
06-16-2010, 1:22 AM
IMI Jerichos were imported into the US by KBI, who went out of business on January 29, 2010. Currently, there is no aftersales or warranty support for any of their products. Aftermarket products like magazines will be in limited supply.

Notblake
06-16-2010, 1:32 AM
Can a CZ75B mag be made to work? its the same frame essentially.

AIMSMALL
06-16-2010, 1:45 AM
I've got a baby eagle .45, it's a great gun I think you will really like it. As for the magazine question, Keep going to gun broker and auction arms and type in baby eagle in the search. It might take a while to find but be patient and you should be able to get some there. Not sure where else to find them, if anyone else knows a place lets us know!

SixtyDashOne
06-16-2010, 5:28 AM
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/baeafu4510ma.html

great gun, I had one and sold it to a friend a few months ago. Probably shouldn't have sold it but I wasn't shooting it and he really likes it.

garrett916
06-16-2010, 9:01 AM
thanks that really helps. and the price aint bad either

AIMSMALL
06-16-2010, 12:52 PM
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/baeafu4510ma.html

great gun, I had one and sold it to a friend a few months ago. Probably shouldn't have sold it but I wasn't shooting it and he really likes it.

ARGH, they're out of stock :(

garrett916
06-16-2010, 1:05 PM
i just saw a cool tactical kit but its only for the polymer version. does anybody know of something like this for the steel version? http://www.zahal.org/products/the-ultimate-jericho-941-baby-accessories-set?path_parent=153441

cmace22
06-16-2010, 1:22 PM
i just saw a cool tactical kit but its only for the polymer version. does anybody know of something like this for the steel version? http://www.zahal.org/products/the-ultimate-jericho-941-baby-accessories-set?path_parent=153441

Not for you to have if you live in Cali.

bigthaiboy
06-16-2010, 2:01 PM

Look up the term SBR (Short Barreled Rifle).

Woodworker2
06-16-2010, 6:09 PM
The Baby Eagle .45 is based on the Tanfoglio Line of pistols, so the magazines for compact EAA Witness .45 should fit; the base plate may be slight different shape, but it should lock in place. The "regular" .45 magazines should work also, but will stick out of the magazine well by about 3/4". CZ 97 magazines "might" work also, but will be 3/4" too long also.

As for a caliber conversion, I am not aware of a factory one http://www.magnumresearch.com/FAQ_babyeagle.asp. If your pistol had a frame mounted safety, the EAA witness parts might work. Normally, the conversion comes as a barrel and slide combination; meaning the spacing between the rails would need to be the same to swap a different caliber uppers. If the .45 frame is physically larger than the 9mm/.40 frame, there may not be any (inexpensive) options; some of the early 9mm/.41AE Tanfoglios had slide mounted safeties. (To convert a "slide safety frame" to a accept a "frame mounted safety" would require re-machining the frame for the larger diameter sear pin, at a MINIMUM plus misc. extra parts) The "newer" EAA Witness line is much more flexible with caliber conversion.

garrett916
06-16-2010, 7:28 PM
so that kit would be illigal even without that pistol grip?

garrett916
06-16-2010, 7:56 PM
i fund a 45 to .22 conversion kit for the eaa witness. would this work on my jericho?

xxINKxx
06-16-2010, 8:09 PM
That gun is nice.

I have both Jericho in .45 and 9mm versions. Gotta love Isreali weapons

garrett916
06-17-2010, 9:06 AM
maybe tangfolio has a kit that would fit?

bigthaiboy
06-17-2010, 10:15 AM
so that kit would be illigal even without that pistol grip?

A SBR is a SBR with or without a pistol grip. Federal requirement is minimum 16" barrel.

Additionally, CA requirement is for 30" OAL for a centerfire semi-auto rifle, or else it's an AW (as soon as attach a stock to a pistol so it can be fire from the shoulder, you change it from a pistol to a rifle).

A Jericho fitted with that stock will violate both CA AW and Federal law = sharing a bed with your new husband, Ramone, in 6' x 8' room for a few years, courtesy of the BATF & CA DoJ.

garrett916
06-17-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks for your information i wont be getting that

Twystd1
06-17-2010, 4:03 PM
I have owned 3 of those Jericho's. They are a GREAT gun. They always go bang. easy to clean. And I like the rounded top of them.

You are gunna like what ya bought.

If my memory serves me right. One of them came with 2 barrels. I think the other one was for a 41 A&E round. Or was it 40 A&E? . Don't hold me to that but that is my recollection.
Give it a Google and see if there are calibers conversions for that gun. (I think yes)

Twystd1

Viper49
06-18-2010, 7:17 AM
CZ 97B Mag will work ong the Baby Eagle. I happen to have both of them
Good luck

garrett916
06-18-2010, 11:35 AM
just found this kit on cheaperthandirt does anybody know if it would fit?
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/31192-1.html#Reviews