PDA

View Full Version : LUCC Questions

smallshot13
06-15-2010, 9:38 PM
Locked unloaded concealed carry and the Plan B Daytimer, or similar container. Doe's it run afoul of 12020?
12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following
is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year
or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the
state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives,
lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable
firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a
firearm, any camouflaging firearm container, .....

In lieu of a proper CCW permit, until we have a glimmer of a chance to get one, is this a land mine for LUCC? My wife will need some modicum of protection, and I want to make sure I have given her as much sound advice as possible.

Quiet
06-16-2010, 1:55 AM
Locked unloaded concealed carry and the Plan B Daytimer, or similar container. Doe's it run afoul of 12020?
12020. (a) Any person in this state who does any of the following
is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year
or in the state prison:
(1) Manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the
state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives,
lends, or possesses any cane gun or wallet gun, any undetectable
firearm, any firearm which is not immediately recognizable as a
firearm, any camouflaging firearm container, .....

In lieu of a proper CCW permit, until we have a glimmer of a chance to get one, is this a land mine for LUCC? My wife will need some modicum of protection, and I want to make sure I have given her as much sound advice as possible.

"Camouflaging firearm container" does not affect LUCC, because if you can't shoot the firearm while it is in the container, then it is not a "camouflaging firearm container".

Penal Code 12020
(c)(9) As used in this section, a "camouflaging firearm container" means a container which meets all of the following criteria:
(A) It is designed and intended to enclose a firearm.
(B) It is designed and intended to allow the firing of the enclosed firearm by external controls while the firearm is in the container.
(C) It is not readily recognizable as containing a firearm.
"Camouflaging firearm container" does not include any camouflaging covering used while engaged in lawful hunting or while going to or returning from a lawful hunting expedition.

xxdabroxx
06-16-2010, 11:58 AM
yup, many people prefer to use guitar cases for their AR's to be more discrete when leaving apt. complexes and the likes.

corrupt
06-20-2010, 10:30 PM
This is a camouflaged firearm container

5CC-qXxerrM

rNE4jHzNDaE&NR=1