PDA

View Full Version : As Rush says, Be of Good Cheer!

Paladin
03-30-2006, 11:13 PM
Last week, Kansas overrode their governor's veto and passed Shall Issue! Today, Nebraska's legislature passed & their governor promises to sign a "Shall Issue" law. http://www.nraila.org/News/Read/Releases.aspx?ID=7421 Two "No Issue" states switched to Shall Issue in one month!

Ck out the NEW 2006 map at the end of the 25 sec animation at: http://www.gun-nuttery.com/rtc.php

Current score:
Good states 39 (37 Shall Issue + 2 unrestricted)
Bad states 11 (10 May Issue + 1 No Issue)

I heard there are moves being made in Delaware and that it will pass EASILY -- more than enough votes in both chambers and the Democratic governor has been a featured speaker at NRA events. I expect Iowa and/or Wisconsin to go to Shall Issue in the next two years. If both those go along w/Delaware, that will make the score 42 to 8! Also, Wyoming is pushing to go from Shall Issue to Unrestricted (as long as you are not forbidden (eg, not a felon, drug addict, mentally incompetent, under age, etc) you can just go ahead and carry w/o any application, testing, etc).

As I've written before, soon the fight will have to come to the People's Republik of Kalifornia. Getting HI, CA, IL, and the remaining handful of northeastern states to go to Shall Issue will be like the Iwo Jima, Tarawa, and Guadalcanal. I can hardly wait! :D

Pulsar
03-31-2006, 10:22 AM
Needs more green :)

grammaton76
03-31-2006, 1:34 PM
Actually, what's much more likely is that once shall-issue has hit 46 or so states, some kind of federal mutual recognition bill will get passed, at which point CA still won't issue but we could use out-of-state CCW's. I do doubt that CA will fall, there just isn't enough rational thought in our legislature. However, a CCW version of the federal safe-journey law isn't too unthinkable once practically all of the states have the same CCW standard.

And DOJ will probably issue some kind of nasty memo stating that while out-of-state CCWs are legal, they think they might be able to invalidate the permit as soon as they catch you with a handgun... ;)

Paladin
04-05-2006, 9:06 PM
NE's governor signed the bill into law today! :D From what I've seen on some NE CCW forums, they have to "clean" it up by passing preemption and reciprocity laws. Main thing is that they got the main thing -- Shall Issue.

The more states that go Shall Issue the stronger our case will be to the public. My guess: DE in 2006; WI and/or IO in 2007 or '08; MD and/or RI between 2008 and '10. Then, at long last, the battle will be fought for the toughest six states in the Union (from west to east): HI, CA, IL, NY, NJ, and MA (and DC). These fights will be vicious! These states will need support from gun owners all around the nation to succeed. Getting these states and DC to pass Shall Issue will make a serious dent in national violent crime stats.

The NRA needs to update their RTC webpage and its linked map: www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=18