View Full Version : High Cap Mags legal question?

06-15-2010, 2:28 PM
Think I know the answer to this... I want to sell my Mini 14. Along with 10 rd mags, I also have two 20's and 1 30 rd Ruger factory mags. I have had the gun and mags prior to 2000. I have been the sole owner. Can the high cap mags be sold or transferred? If not, then can my local gun shop who has a FFL purchase these mags? Or for that matter can anyone who has a FFL purchase these mags. Can they be sold legally (besides out of state) to anyone in California? I can sell the Mini on its own, yet the mags will be useless to me after the sale. I will not need them. What are my options?

06-15-2010, 2:35 PM
They can be disassembled and sold as rebuild kits, but I would recommend keeping them. You legally have something no one else can buy here, so why give up that right for only like $50?

06-15-2010, 2:35 PM
Personally, I would keep them in case you ever get (or have a friend with) another mini14. But, if you want to get rid of them, I would not suggest trying to sell them to a Ca FFL since, they won't give you much, if anything, for them. However, you can dissassemble them and either include the magazine parts with the sale of the gun or, sell them as rebuild kits.

06-15-2010, 2:37 PM
God kills a kitten anytime someone gives up hicap magazines or deregisters an assault weapon.