PDA

View Full Version : Grip/Stock alternative

islandchanel
03-30-2006, 7:53 PM
Ok i was looking at the grip alternative thread and i was thinking of making a rifle stock with some sort of srb combined into it, andthis is what i have come up with. I think this might work but i am not sure if this can be considered a pistol grip even though it is part of the stock. Let me know what you guys think. I think it even looks pretty tacticool.

bu-bye
03-30-2006, 11:09 PM
The way I designed the SRB was so that the web of your hand could not touch the SRB. To be honest it really scares me that some people are just going to cut of a pistol grip and call it a day. The way I see it, we need to not only play by the rules but not step into gray areas. I think having the web of your hand touch ANYTHING below the trigger line (you all know the yellow line) is, well... crossing the line. I desinged a few SRB's at first that added a little hand support in another thread months ago and the over all view was it was too gray of an area. It was agreed that a simple bracket that did nothing more then hold the spring in was the safe way to play.

Thats my $.02 anyway. I didn't want to post in the other thread because I like to see new ideas and didn't want to be be the party pooper. :)

ohsmily
03-30-2006, 11:28 PM
The way I designed the SRB was so that the web of your hand could not touch the SRB. To be honest it really scares me that some people are just going to cut of a pistol grip and call it a day. The way I see it, we need to not only play by the rules but not step into gray areas. I think having the web of your hand touch ANYTHING below the trigger line (you all know the yellow line) is, well... crossing the line. I desinged a few SRB's at first that added a little hand support in another thread months ago and the over all view was it was too gray of an area. It was agreed that a simple bracket that did nothing more then hold the spring in was the safe way to play.

Thats my $.02 anyway. I didn't want to post in the other thread because I like to see new ideas and didn't want to be be the party pooper. :)

+1

(no need to push the envelope until we know for a fact that we will be stuck with neutered AR's permanently...could be more than a year before that is clear or not).

adamsreeftank
03-31-2006, 12:45 AM
If you made it like this it would give you more to hold on to, and it would force you to hold it like a rifle.