PDA

View Full Version : so who has already pre-ordered their iPhone?

blisster
06-15-2010, 10:47 AM
The GF got up at 2:00am and ordered hers. She was going to get an EVO a few weeks back but didn't pre-order and wan't able to get one, so I talked her into the new iPhone. She wanted to make sure she didn't get screwed again so she got up at 2:00am PST and placed her order.

Mine has been ordered through work, so hopefully I'l have it on the release date.

KillZone45
06-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Practically impossible to pre-order right now.

blisster
06-15-2010, 10:58 AM
Oh? She ordered hers directly through ATT, as did our account rep at work.

Hozr
06-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I'm so pissed at AT&T right now. I've been trying to straighten out my address for 2 hours and their system wont recognize my address so they keep cancelling the order....grrrrr......

UPDATE: finally got a GREAT CS rep that took care of everything! iPhone 4 enroute!

can't wait

kozumasbullitt
06-15-2010, 11:38 AM
i ordered at 1:30AM from att. i tried at start time (1AM) from apple with no luck and just went through att with no problems. I am annoyed they did not have the white phone for pre order.

professionalcoyotehunter
06-15-2010, 11:39 AM
What a waste of money.

kozumasbullitt
06-15-2010, 11:44 AM
What a waste of money.

not really a waste of money when i sell my old iphone for the price of the new upgrade. the only money that has come out of my pocket was the $600 3 years ago for the 1st one.

evidens83
06-15-2010, 11:45 AM
I found ATT faster than Apple but i'm still getting an error try again later message! arghhhh!!!

XYZ
06-15-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm probably going to the Apple store and buy one the day it's released. I did that in 2007 when it was released and no issues and no lines after the initial few hours. Any advantage of pre-ordering?

nmerced
06-15-2010, 12:13 PM
My contract with AT&T expires at the end of next month and I'm not very happy with their service. I'm not in a rush to get the phone and commit to AT&T for another 2 years. :toetap05:

Hozr
06-15-2010, 1:21 PM
I'm probably going to the Apple store and buy one the day it's released. I did that in 2007 when it was released and no issues and no lines after the initial few hours. Any advantage of pre-ordering?

My advantage is not driving 1 1/2 hours to the store to pick it up. They're shipping it to me free.

blisster
06-15-2010, 1:37 PM
What a waste of money.

to each their own. Besides, work is picking up the tab on mine :D

XYZ
06-15-2010, 2:39 PM
My advantage is not driving 1 1/2 hours to the store to pick it up. They're shipping it to me free.

Gotcha - didn't think of that. I live in the San Jose area so there are all sorts of Apple Stores around me.

Call_me_Tom
06-15-2010, 3:03 PM
I bought my 32gb 3GS when it first came out. Jailbroke it a couple of weeks later & have been happy ever since. I'm not looking to upgrade until 5G comes out.

Nessal
06-15-2010, 6:05 PM
Pre-ordered mine at about 1am last night. Have been using iphone 3g for almost 2 years now. Never had any gripes about it at all. I ran it jailbroken for some time and it's awesome. The coverage is awesome for att. I get reception 99% of the time. A+++ seller will buy again!

JDay
06-15-2010, 7:24 PM
My contract with AT&T expires at the end of next month and I'm not very happy with their service. I'm not in a rush to get the phone and commit to AT&T for another 2 years. :toetap05:

Do what I'm doing and get a new Android phone, you'll never look at the iPhone again.

shooting4life
06-15-2010, 8:15 PM
Wife and I are on the pre order list

ChrisTKHarris
06-15-2010, 8:40 PM
Got mine at 1:45am this morning. :)

sirgiles
06-15-2010, 9:02 PM
Do what I'm doing and get a new Android phone, you'll never look at the iPhone again.

i agree. the iOS is way slower than the android 2.2

NiteQwill
06-15-2010, 10:18 PM
The new iPhone will set set the standard of must-have-features (as the older ones have already) among the competition. Video chat is one of those features.

I predict everyone and their mom will have a non-iPhone device that supports this technology in the near future.

Apple continues to get it right (except for sticking with crappy AT&T) while other companies fail to see the writing on the walls.

JDay
06-15-2010, 10:44 PM
The new iPhone will set set the standard of must-have-features (as the older ones have already) among the competition. Video chat is one of those features.

The EVO (which is out and is 4G unlike the iPhone 4) already has video chat that you can use via the front facing camera and Qik. This new iPhone bring nothing new to the table, Android on the other hand has many more features than the iPhone (FM radio tuners for one, custom interfaces for another). Not to mention the ability to install non-approved apps without jailbreaking the phone and voiding your warranty.

RWJIQQO76bM

ETA: The iPhones video chat will also only work over a WiFi connection.

NiteQwill
06-15-2010, 11:24 PM
JDay, but unlike the EVO, Apple is a marketing giant and their ability to sell products is an example of gold-standards in the industry. No one can deny that. The support base that the iPhone has is enormous and dwarfs any other phone out there. The ability to market the Android OS is coming along but lacking among giant footsteps.

The use of Qik (I use it, too) on the EVO relies on 3rd party software, Apple's is proprietary and built in. The over Wi-fi-only part of it will quickly be changed (such as through Universal 3G unlocking available on the current iPhone).

JDay
06-15-2010, 11:28 PM
JDay, but unlike the EVO, Apple is a marketing giant and their ability to sell products is an example of gold-standards in the industry. No one can deny that. The support base that the iPhone has is enormous and dwarfs any other phone out there. The ability to market the Android OS is coming along but lacking among giant footsteps.

Android based phones have outsold the iPhone, the reason is that they are superior in every way and don't need a ton of marketing that's made to convince you to buy a vendor locked in pile of crap.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/196035/android_outsells_the_iphone_no_big_surprise.html

Android Outsells the iPhone - No Big Surprise

Retail research kingpin the NPD Group is reporting that Android-based phones are now outselling iPhones. Or at least they did last quarter in terms of unit sales in the U.S. according to NPD's study, which found that RIM's BlackBerries held 36 percent of the market, phones running Google's Android had 28 percent, and the iPhone was at 21 percent.

Something like this was inevitable, given that:

1. Two models of the iPhone (the 3GS and 3G) are doing battle with scads of Android handsets in an array of shapes and sizes;
2. You can buy an Android phone for a lot less than an iPhone (the original Droid launched in November at the same contract price as an iPhone 3GS-now Amazon has ‘em for twenty bucks);
3. Three out of four major U.S. wireless carriers still don't have the iPhone.

The use of Qik (I use it, too) on the EVO relies on 3rd party software, Apple's is proprietary and built in. The over Wi-fi-only part of it will quickly be changed (such as through Universal 3G unlocking available on the current iPhone).

Most people don't know how to and don't care about unlocking their phone.

turbogg
06-17-2010, 1:00 AM
I just tried to preorder again now. The ATT site still says that online preorders are temporarily suspended. That sucks!

blisster
06-17-2010, 9:01 AM
The EVO (which is out and is 4G unlike the iPhone 4) already has video chat that you can use via the front facing camera and Qik. This new iPhone bring nothing new to the table, Android on the other hand has many more features than the iPhone (FM radio tuners for one, custom interfaces for another). Not to mention the ability to install non-approved apps without jailbreaking the phone and voiding your warranty.

RWJIQQO76bM

ETA: The iPhones video chat will also only work over a WiFi connection.

That's awesome that you're happy with your Android. :) I tried to get an EVO the weekend they launched, but couldn't and they're still unavailable, so I went with the iPhone. IMO they're both great phones, however the EVO is getting reamed for its horrible battery life, the extra 4g fee users need to pay, even if they don't live in a 4g coverage area, and the inability to upgrade to 2.2 (and future Android upgrades)until HTC upgrades their SenseUI (a terrible design flaw IMO).

You ought to start and android thread and crow about it there, rather than **** all over others simply because they chose to go with something other than your preferred device.

KillZone45
06-17-2010, 1:27 PM
You ought to start and android thread and crow about it there, rather than **** all over others simply because they chose to go with something other than your preferred device.

I think a lot of Cal Gunners should take this advice pertaining to what ever they are talking about.

Hoologan
06-17-2010, 1:36 PM
You guys are crazy.

Please keep it up though as my AAPL stock has skyrocketed with the latest new toys being released. :D

name change
06-17-2010, 3:54 PM
iBroke

turbogg
06-19-2010, 1:10 AM
A called ATT yesterday, they said they aren't taking any more preorders. The rep did say they will take my info, and notify me when the next shipment of the iPhone 4 is expected. Nice.

Marsoc1
06-19-2010, 2:38 AM
yup sold out 1:30PM that day, apple is still taking back orders for future delivery. Im thinking about getting one unlocked later down the line when the hype dies down. Totally disliking the att plans tho and the ETF...

kozumasbullitt
06-19-2010, 11:17 AM
I think its funny when droid guys try to bash the iphone. I am happy with my iphone and i upgrade to the new iphone each year, i could care less what the droid does because the iphone suits my needs. I also find it hard to keep up with the droid because a new droid comes out each month and if you own the old one it is just that, the old one. iphone keeps you good for 1 year if you like to have the newest thing.

Big bug
06-19-2010, 12:17 PM
Still happy with my gen1......when it dies...then I'll move.......

KillZone45
06-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Just got an email from Apple saying my phone is shipped and will be arriving on the 24th :)

turbogg
06-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Just got an email from Apple saying my phone is shipped and will be arriving on the 24th :)

Go ahead, rub it in! The next shipment doesn't come until mid July. Hopefully I'll get mine then.

Marsoc1
06-21-2010, 7:36 AM
waiting for canada release, since im planning to by full price i might a well buy a unlocked one from up north.

Curtis
06-21-2010, 8:51 AM
Good new of you, my wife and I ordered the new iPhone. This is the first apple purchase since buying the 1st generation late. Then it turns out she bought the iPad as a father's day gift. Although, you may want to dump your stock before Mr. Jobs passes.

You guys are crazy. Please keep it up though as my AAPL stock has skyrocketed with the latest new toys being released.

I feel the same way.....but it is getting to the point we need to upgrade. My wife's phone isn't looking so good. Plus she wants to have the ability to take video and send pictures/video.

Still happy with my gen1......when it dies...then I'll move.......

lorax3
06-22-2010, 4:42 PM
Was able to pre-order mine that morning. Got my confirmation email yesturday and will be picking it up on the 24th.

turbogg
06-23-2010, 6:58 PM
Was able to pre-order mine that morning. Got my confirmation email yesturday and will be picking it up on the 24th.

Lucky! I'm so jealous.