PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the PD visit you?

Charliegone
03-30-2006, 6:02 PM
Apparently I have? I don't know why. My brother says LEO came to my house and asked about, supposively because I bought too many receivers?:confused: :eek:

morepoop4u
03-30-2006, 6:05 PM
Maybe they were looking for donations for their bowling league:D

Micdub
03-30-2006, 6:11 PM
How many have you bought? :confused:

RRangel
03-30-2006, 6:12 PM
Thousands have been sold and they show up at your door? Look on the bright side. It must be because they've done such a great job solving all of the real crime in your area. This apparently has left them with excess time and resources to spend on you.

Or maybe not. :rolleyes:

Apparently I have? I don't know why. My brother says LEO came to my house and asked about, supposively because I bought too many receivers?:confused: :eek:

TonyNorCal
03-30-2006, 6:16 PM
Can you elaborate a little on what happenened?

Henry47
03-30-2006, 6:17 PM
were they there to do a count or something?

avidone
03-30-2006, 6:21 PM
More info on this would be really great.

Ford8N
03-30-2006, 6:29 PM
#1 How would they even know you have receivers?

Charliegone
03-30-2006, 6:30 PM
I don't know why they came by (I wasn't there.) My brother said they just came looking for me?
Well...I have
2 ptr-91 receivers w/ fixed mags
3 stags 2 with fixed mag kits, the other doesn't but I don't have a pistol grip or anything for the 3rd one.
2 Ewbanks
1 Vulcan
and 1 feather at-22

Sheesh I have seen people with more than what I got. Maybe its because I've been buying them consequitively? I don't know. Oh well. :confused:

swift
03-30-2006, 6:34 PM
April fools isn't for a couple of days....

6172crew
03-30-2006, 6:42 PM
I don't know why they came by (I wasn't there.) My brother said they just came looking for me?
Well...I have
3 stags 2 with fixed mag kits, the other doesn't but I don't have a pistol grip or anything for the 3rd one.
2 Ewbanks
1 Vulcan
and 1 feather at-22

Sheesh I have seen people with more than what I got. Maybe its because I've been buying them consequitively? I don't know. Oh well. :confused:

I though you lost those about an hour ago, terrible about your boat and all.;)

kurac
03-30-2006, 6:49 PM
Give them a call and see what they want, play "stoopid" of course to gain as much info as possible.

Charliegone
03-30-2006, 6:57 PM
Dude...I think my brother is messing with me....freakin punk I'll get him back if it is.:D

Because...well...I haven't really bought many..there have been people who have bought a LOT more! Remember that guy who bought 10 of one kind!:eek:

pieeater
03-30-2006, 6:58 PM
http://www.fototime.com/7CA4F8EEE1D79DB/standard.jpg

capitol
03-30-2006, 7:05 PM
Are you bored?

Jarhead4
03-30-2006, 7:06 PM
I think your brouther needs a blanket party!!!

6172crew
03-30-2006, 7:06 PM

Ed Zachary!:D

ohsmily
03-30-2006, 7:11 PM

"They came by about, supposively because I bought too many receivers"....read that out loud to yourself.

Also, supposedly supposively isn't a word.

The cops didn't come by your place b/c of receivers. Maybe you were implicated in drug possession (and use)???

To Everyone: Don't worry, no one is getting a visit by law enforcement for buying receivers.

Richard
03-30-2006, 7:22 PM
Well...I have
2 Ewbanks
1 Vulcan
and 1 feather at-22

Maybe they came by to meet the guy that apparently has a lot to say....kind of like a congradulatory 1000th post.......:D :p

markymark
03-30-2006, 7:24 PM
made me lol :)

jessegpresley
03-30-2006, 7:25 PM
Dude...I think my brother is messing with me....freakin punk I'll get him back if it is.:D

I didn't see this follow up post comin'...

Charliegone
03-30-2006, 7:37 PM
Don't worry, I'm still here.:D I think he was f-n with me. Freakin punk! I think I will get him back for it on April 1st.:mad:

ohsmily
03-30-2006, 7:38 PM
we're not worried

harley66
03-30-2006, 8:38 PM
I didn't have to read past the first post to know this was BS, either by the poster or someone else - seeing how many posts the poster had, glad to hear he was 'had" by his brother.... I have been in the fire service for over 30 years and have many LEO friends and have been around "Lots" of guns for years (like most of you) The LEO's today are so back logged and over worked,,, this would not happen (unless it was connected to a crime of some sorts)...

and just two days before April 1

I will bet $$$ here that someone tries to pull something on this "and other" forums - so be ready,,, don't "bite" on a good sounding rumor...

ohsmily
03-30-2006, 8:46 PM
I think I will get him back for it on April 1st.:mad:

Yeah, b/c he won't see it coming then...:rolleyes:

blacklisted
03-30-2006, 8:51 PM
Don't worry, I'm still here.:D I think he was f-n with me. Freakin punk! I think I will get him back for it on April 1st.:mad:

If they really came, they would probably come back another time to talk to you.

Just in case, you better hide your dog(s). :D

Jon
03-30-2006, 9:05 PM
Seriously, if they *really* did come by they would have left a number or a card for you to contact/let you know it was them. Ask your brother if they left any contact info. :D

If you're sure they didn't come by and he's just messing with you . . . you could start acting freaked out, tell him you're selling it all off, and then tell him you're taking him to the PD station with you to help ID the officer(s) that stopped by! That should get him sweating a bit.

ETA: Don't actually go to the PD or sell off your lowers!

Guinness
03-30-2006, 9:07 PM
I think he was f-n with me. Freakin punk! I think I will get him back for it on April 1st.:mad:

Im even considering kickin' his butt :D

Charliegone
03-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Yeah, b/c he won't see it coming then...:rolleyes:

LOL. Knowing my brother...he will probably forget..but no actually..they did come by...but I don't think it was about my purchases.

Nick5811
03-30-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah...or maybe you should stop making those hookers disappear in a 'mysterious manner' after your boating mishap....

tenpercentfirearms
03-30-2006, 10:59 PM
Actually, yes, the Taft Police Department was in my shop today!!! Of course the Sergant was doing a PPT on a handgun and the department is also buying their 5 Remington 870s from me, but they were there. Becky had to handle it as I was at school and I am sure the question of lowers came up. No one left in cuffs so this is a good thing.

DOJ, Taft Police, they have all come through at one time or another. No big deal. I showed the DOJ my lowers, they showed us their M16s, they left with our Superiors, everyone had a great day. :D

techenigma
03-31-2006, 12:23 AM

he can sell them, I'll buy them! Since you gotta get rid of em quick I'll take them off your hands real cheap. ;-)

Josh
03-31-2006, 1:28 AM
Seriously, if they *really* did come by they would have left a number or a card for you to contact/let you know it was them. Ask your brother if they left any contact info. :D

If you're sure they didn't come by and he's just messing with you . . . you could start acting freaked out, tell him you're selling it all off, and then tell him you're taking him to the PD station with you to help ID the officer(s) that stopped by! That should get him sweating a bit.

yup, cops hand out business cards like candy at halloween.

glen avon
03-31-2006, 7:23 AM
dude, you need to hook up with some posters with uniforms, have them stop by the house when you are not home, and have them bust your little brother while pretending to mistake him for you....

Charliegone
03-31-2006, 7:30 AM
Well, I'm still here.:D Apparently it isn't something important...but I believe it is some kind of survey they conducting around here or something. I say this because they have been around here going door to door asking about something? :confused:

Naw. I was thinking of making him go to the PD station to have me release on bail.;) :D

Jicko
03-31-2006, 12:16 PM
They called me this morning too....

Asking for donations....

Clodbuster
03-31-2006, 12:19 PM
Maybe they're asking your neighbors about how they feel having someone close with so many CA legal assault rifle lowers... and to keep an eye on you...

Clod

Well, I'm still here.:D Apparently it isn't something important...but I believe it is some kind of survey they conducting around here or something. I say this because they have been around here going door to door asking about something? :confused:

Naw. I was thinking of making him go to the PD station to have me release on bail.;) :D

Charliegone
03-31-2006, 5:49 PM
Maybe they're asking your neighbors about how they feel having someone close with so many CA legal assault rifle lowers... and to keep an eye on you...

Clod

Well, nothing to be worried about. Apparently, donations are what they were looking for. LOL. I remember last year I donated some money..thats why they came by.:D

Satex
03-31-2006, 8:27 PM
"paranoia self destroya"