PDA

View Full Version : Good day at the range..

kAnJii
06-14-2010, 7:04 PM
My buddy and I went to try out a few pistols today at Targetmasters in Milpitas. Great fun and finally got it down to the pistol I want. Started off with a pair of 9mms. The Sig P226 and the SA XD9 Tactical. I wanted the P226 badly from all the good stuff but after shooting it, wasn't too impressed. Didn't feel as comfortable shooting it as I thought. The XD9 Tactical on the other hand felt good and I shot the best group with it. Then rented the HK P2000 in .40 cal next, not bad at all, shot it better than the P226. Next, was the .45s...Sig P220 and SW1911. First was the P220, felt good, kept the group well within and the recoil wasn't bad.....but when I shot the SW1911...it was heaven. Everything felt good and the groups was tight. Recoil was light due to real steel. And with SAO...you can't beat that.
Overall, best grouping was with the XD-9 Tactical. Best overall was the SW1911.

Final pistol...SW1911.

One problem I didn't like about the rental Sigs were the sights. Single dot front and single dot rear. Did much better with the basic single front and dual dot patterns in the rear.

Thanks for all your opinions and thanks for reading this.

jdewolf
06-14-2010, 7:36 PM
Shoulda tried a Glock! :P

Ok in all seriousness it's fun going to the range and testing out new guns. I remember before I first bought my 1st gun it was heaven just going to the range and testing out all the toys in the counter.

Buy it, and have fun with your new toy :D

JTROKS
06-14-2010, 9:39 PM
Any day at the range is a good day, as long as everyone followed the fundamental rules for safe gun handling. I wish I can go out and shoot more often instead of dry firing in my garage.