PDA

View Full Version : Guns in a campaign ad?

choprzrul
06-14-2010, 3:35 PM
A black powder pistol in the opening scene; I was amazed when I watched this guy's video:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6iQ7ZDUutU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6iQ7ZDUutU4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I really like his stand on the 2A:

Gun Rights

I am a "Lifetime Member" of the National Rifle Association, and an ardent supporter of the literal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment. I believe the right to keep and bear arms is inherent, and not granted by any document or government authority.

The left opposes this God given right, claiming that widespread gun ownership leads to increased crime rates. Here in the United States, however, the most restrictive gun laws correlate directly with the highest gun-crime rates. Killers are unlikely to be concerned about minor weapons charges, and appreciate the defenseless targets available in these areas.

In situations like the massacres at Ft. Hood, or Virginia Tech, there were hundreds of current and former U.S. military personnel, well trained in the use of firearms, and forbidden from carrying them. Had licensed, trained firearm owners been allowed their constitutional right to bear arms, much of the carnage may have been averted. Gun control laws have undoubtedly cost thousands of American lives.

Well intending, law abiding gun owners in America are our greatest defense against violent criminals, and I will proactively work to promote legislation that defends and expands American gun ownership and carry laws.

He might not be running in CA, but he looks like the right kind of people to me.

NorcalGSG
06-14-2010, 3:43 PM
nice, seems pretty creative for a political ad, definitely different than the usual "my opponent sucks...I'm good" argument.

choprzrul
06-14-2010, 4:55 PM
nice, seems pretty creative for a political ad, definitely different than the usual "my opponent sucks...I'm good" argument.

I agree, I have never seen an ad quite like this one. I think that Marine means business.

craneman
06-14-2010, 5:34 PM
HOLY CRAPOLY. I am packing right now. I wish I knew where he was from. When I find out I'm moving there, just so I can vote for him. Good lord I wish we could get someone like that here actually voted in. "I have a dream"!!!:D

Mstrty
06-14-2010, 9:14 PM
HOLY CRAPOLY. I wish I knew where he was from. When I find out I'm moving there, just so I can vote for him. :D

Alabama's 2nd Congressional District

Cobrafreak
06-18-2010, 4:44 AM
Well I would vote for him.

choprzrul
06-18-2010, 4:21 PM
Well I would vote for him.

I would also, but I have no desire to live in Alabama. My tenure with Uncle Sam was enough to convince me that there are better places to live than AL.

NightOwl
06-18-2010, 4:41 PM
If I lived there, I'd seriously consider voting for him (I would do a bit more research first, of course). Would be great to see people like that springing up all over the country and getting into office, but even just one would be a great start. Hope he wins.

corrupt
06-21-2010, 12:33 AM
I really enjoy watching these ads from different states. Whether or not you agree with them, it is at least refreshing. It's a far cry from the bland I-want-to-foster-jobs-and-make-everyone-happy Whitman (and other) campaign ads that we have here.