PDA

View Full Version : Question about CCW's, assault convictions and Sean Penn

hill billy
06-14-2010, 9:08 AM
Something that occurred on another board got me looking at this. Sean Penn plead no contest in his assault case to a Vandalism charge to be reduced to Disturbing the Peace pending successful completion of a three year informal probation period.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/12/sean-penn-cops-plea-in-cr_n_573840.html

Why hasn't his CCW been revoked? Why has their been no news story to the effect that he should not have a CCW after this? I know I am beating a dead horse and probably pissing in the wind but shouldn't we work to have his CCW revoked in the interests of keeping the ranks clean? Doing so would keep the stories at bay about how CCW'rs have convictions and are on probation and such. Just curious.

paul0660
06-14-2010, 9:12 AM
I am not sure Penn still has his Ross PD issued ccw.

Doheny
06-14-2010, 9:19 AM
Been discussed a lot. I Googled <Sean Penn permit> and got over 33,000 results. Like Paul said, I'm not sure he still has the permit. Most people assume he does like they assume Diane Feinstein does, but she doesn't.

gunsmith
06-14-2010, 9:38 AM
Why hasn't his CCW been revoked? .

Oh, he probably still has it. He is more important then most Marin residents.
His life is more valuable then most Marin residents , They're all his serfs anyway.

hill billy
06-14-2010, 9:43 AM
Oh, he probably still has it. He is more important then most Marin residents.
His life is more valuable then most Marin residents , They're all his serfs anyway.

I know the media is bought and paid for, but they could make some hay out of his recent conviction and his current status.

putput
06-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Arrests and whatnot aside. I've googled for Penn's support of gun control and can't find anything obvious. Did he ever do any work for the likes of the Brady Campaign or such or does anyone have info on an interview where he stated that he was for gun control? I keep finding posts about his hypocrisy on this issue but can't find any original sources. Any help would be great...

bodger
06-14-2010, 11:04 AM
Just another celebrity getting special treatment. If Penn still has a CCW, he shouldn't, and in fact, never should have had one with his criminal record of assault.

Sylvester Stallone is another one. Has his own CCW but then makes statements denouncing gun ownership in the United States.

Bunch of irrelevant nancy boys.

SAN compnerd
06-14-2010, 11:29 AM
Although he may not have made and anti statements, his association with Hugo Chaves should leave no doubt that he would support disarming the public. Then add to that his long history of violence and that would keep any non-elite from obtaining a CCW or be seen as justifiable reason to revoke said CCW. But there is no class system in the US now is there...

DRM6000
06-14-2010, 11:33 AM
i'm not sure when the was convicted for assault, but here is a copy of his ccw app:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/pennpermit1.html

it may yield some info.

i'm not sure if he is still considered a marin co. resident. i've heard he has had his home for sale for a long time, but still hasn't sold.

BigDogatPlay
06-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Don't know if Sean's recent plea rates a revocation, but if anyone is interested in filing a PRAR....

Town of Ross Police Department

James T. Reis,
Chief of Police

Phone:
(415) 453-1453, Option 2

Street Address:
33 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard
Ross, CA 94957

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 320
Ross, CA 94957

Dianne Feinstein gave up her permit a number of years ago, not long after being elected to the Senate IIRC, but she absolutely had one.... from the City and County of San Francisco, for many years.

ETA: I recall Sean making a statement or two over the years concerning the private ownership of firearms. Anyone with LEXIS/NEXIS access ought to be able to gin that up quickly enough.

Lulfas
06-14-2010, 5:56 PM
According to the link, he plead no contest to a vandalism charge, the assault charge was dropped.

stix213
06-14-2010, 6:36 PM
People in such a special class as Sean Penn need not concern themselves with the trivialities that face the common man

If he did lose his CCW, that's nothing that a few well placed political contributions wouldn't clear up.

(btw, who's campaign do a need to donate to to get my CCW up here in Sonoma county?)

BluNorthern
06-14-2010, 8:44 PM
People in such a special class as Sean Penn need not concern themselves with the trivialities that face the common man
Yep, there's them...then there's the rest of us.