PDA

View Full Version : Congress Told of More ATF Abuses, Reforms Suggested

RRangel
03-29-2006, 9:28 PM
An Arizona police supervisor Tuesday said the federal agency charged with regulating the nation's firearms industry "absolutely devastated" his career and his personal life, all because he gave a gun to a friend as a gift.

Tucson Police Lt. Michael Lara was among a panel of witnesses who told the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism and Homeland Security that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) is in need of serious reform.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/viewstory.asp?Page=%5CNation%5Carchive%5C200603%5C NAT20060329a.html

This doesn't look good for the feds. Imagine you are in this persons situation. Many people don't have $200,000+ to burn while they're being put through the ringer.

mds2004
03-29-2006, 9:36 PM
Wow...I am speechless...

Stanze
03-29-2006, 9:37 PM
Arseholes Taking Firearms...

VeryCoolCat
03-29-2006, 10:51 PM
They've been doing it that way for the longest time, they have a history of going overboard. Its best to stay out of there way since there is no one really watching over them.

Not only do they go overboard, they aren't actually any good when it comes to their activities.

All we need to do is look at waco, and ask what reform has happened since then.

bear308
03-29-2006, 11:58 PM
They've definitely been doing the audit that way for a while, we stopped selling guns because of it. That county thing is right on. To rediculous of a standard.

rips31
03-30-2006, 11:35 AM
wow. no wonder there's so few ffl's in sf anymore.

ajwells
03-30-2006, 11:42 AM
That's disgusting.

Renron
03-31-2006, 8:14 AM
Another example of how large government agencies are unaccountable for their actions. Has anyone noticed the Government is trying to take away our gun rights too?
This is how it starts and ends....:(

Smokeybehr
03-31-2006, 9:26 AM
Alcohol, tobacco and firearms should be the makings of a party, not a government agency. It's time that their powers be curtailed and they should go back to being a tax enforcement agency, and not a quasi-law enforcement agency. Their abuses are legendary and innumerable. Remember Waco!

Remember kids: Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. The BATFE is one of the most corrupt agencies of the FedGov.

CTT2
05-23-2006, 8:28 PM
I was thinking of applying for a job at ATF when I get go on terminal leave tomorrow. Wow, I get take away people's guns muahahahahaha. *On a power trip* Watch out guys if I see those home made pinned lowers I'm gonna take it away from you and throw you in the big house and charge you as a felon and make you cry. If I can't have my unpinned lower no one is gonna have any lowers at all.

leelaw
05-24-2006, 2:41 AM
I was thinking of applying for a job at ATF when I get go on terminal leave tomorrow. Wow, I get take away people's guns muahahahahaha. *On a power trip* Watch out guys if I see those home made pinned lowers I'm gonna take it away from you and throw you in the big house and charge you as a felon and make you cry. If I can't have my unpinned lower no one is gonna have any lowers at all.

Feds don't enforce state laws, try again. :p

PJA
05-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Speaking of the ATF, anything new with Trader's?
Pete

CTT2
05-24-2006, 12:30 PM
Feds don't enforce state laws, try again. :p

Yeah but I wanna build me a collection of lowers :D
And cause I'm the big bad ATF I can do it cause there is no oversite :D

bear308
05-24-2006, 1:16 PM
ssshhhhhh they're here right now:confused: