PDA

View Full Version : Update on NRA’s Battle in AZ Over Lead Ammo Ban

sbrady@Michel&Associates
06-13-2010, 7:10 PM
Plaintiff Center for Biological Diversity (“CBD”) amended its Complaint to remove claims under the Endangered Species Act in response to court papers filed by the NRA. Although this is not a complete victory in this case, it shows that the NRA has presented a solid opposition to CBD’s attempt to ban lead ammunition for hunting in the Arizona Strip.

Background: CBD filed a lawsuit against the Bureau of Land Management and the Fish & Wildlife Service, claiming, among many other things, that those agencies’ permitting hunting with lead ammunition is responsible for the lead-poisoning of many California Condors in the Arizona Strip region, and seeking to ban the use of lead ammunition in that region. NRA attorneys from the law firm of Michel & Associates, PC filed a motion to intervene in the lawsuit, in order to represent the interests of hunters.

Since that motion was granted, and the NRA has become a full party to the lawsuit, CBD has amended its Complaint to remove some of its claims for relief as to the Condor.

If you are interested in this case, the complete details and all the related documents are currently available at: www.calgunlaws.com.

hill billy
06-13-2010, 7:39 PM
As an active off roader I have hated the CBD for years. They are as deluded and fanatic as the Brady's and I wish the same fate upon the lot of them.

obeygiant
06-13-2010, 8:01 PM
As an active off roader I have hated the CBD for years. They are as deluded and fanatic as the Brady's and I wish the same fate upon the lot of them.

:iagree:

They closed one of our local trails,Silverado Canyon Road, from April 1st to October 30th every year so that some toads (http://www.dirtopia.com/wiki/Maple_Springs_Road)could breed.

hill billy
06-13-2010, 8:08 PM
They are directly responsible for getting Surprise Canyon Closed.A real, honest to god paved for many years that led to (and still does lead to, although it takes a very well built rig) Panamint City, North and East of Trona. I have been there several times since then, the hikers and greenies have fully trashed that area much worse than it ever was during the time it was open for vehicles. They are also responsible for large closures in Glamis and other well traveled ORV areas.To say that I harbor a deep hatred for them would be grossly understating my feelings towards them. They sue over nothing and then use the proceeds to keep afloat.

bwiese
06-13-2010, 9:41 PM
Your NRA at work!

Folks, just remember the need for gunrights organizations even if we win "everything" in the courts and they're even to the point handing out free guns on the streetcorner.

Even with an affirmed rich indvidual RKBA, shooting/hunting issues will continue to abound - land use issues, rich folks moving next to shooting ranges and wanting quiet (hey, they try it with airports), bogus lead issues, etc.