PDA

View Full Version : deer hunting

Grof
06-13-2010, 2:14 PM
hi guys,
got my tag for zone D3-5, and I found out that Boss of my cousin has large ranch south of S. Jose. He has some problems with pigs , and said there is a lot of deer's , my question is can I go and hunt deer with his permission on his land.
I am asking because my tag is for zone D3-5 and this property is in A zone.

thanks

CSACANNONEER
06-13-2010, 2:16 PM
You would need an A-Zone tag. But, since you asked this question, I have to wonder if you should be out in the hills with a gun in the first place?

Grof
06-13-2010, 3:12 PM
You would need an A-Zone tag. But, since you asked this question, I have to wonder if you should be out in the hills with a gun in the first place?

why if I may ask, it's my first season so if I don't know something, or I am not sure, I will ask , and thank you to answer my question.

thanks again.

CSACANNONEER
06-13-2010, 3:17 PM
Uh, the simple fact that you ave tags for a certain zone should indicate that you can only hunt in that zone. Also, every hunter should read the current year's hunting regulations and be 100% positive that he/she is following all fish and game laws. It's pretty obvious that you have not read or, at least, do not understand the laws which pertain to the hunting you want to do. I commend you for asking here instead of just assuming but, you really need to know this stuff long before you go hunting.

Fjold
06-13-2010, 3:25 PM
"Deer's" That is the possessive of deer. The plural for "deer" is "deer".

It used to be that you could buy a second tage for A zone. You really should read the Big Game hunting booklet and the DFG website for all the regulations pertaining to deer hunting.

Since from your questions, you are a novice hunter, what are you going to do with it once you kill it? Can you field dress it? Do you know how to take care of the meat in the field? Do you know how to tag it, and when? Where to get the tag validated?

Grof
06-13-2010, 4:46 PM
"Deer's" That is the possessive of deer. The plural for "deer" is "deer".

It used to be that you could buy a second tage for A zone. You really should read the Big Game hunting booklet and the DFG website for all the regulations pertaining to deer hunting.

Since from your questions, your are a novice hunter, what are you going to do with it once you kill it? Can you field dress it? Do you know how to take care of the meat in the field? Do you know how to tag it, and when? Where to get the tag validated?

Thanks for giving this info, you know English is my second language so I don't write like someone who was borne here.
Do you speak any foren language try for couple of years and you will see it's not that easy.

so I will get me the book and I will read it , but in case I get deer I have 4 othre guys with me and they hunt many years and I got in hunting thanks to them, so help is there. But I am not in hunting just to kill, this is not the point to me, just being hunter and be able to kill deer , or bear etc. Hope you anderstan me.
thanks again

toby
06-13-2010, 5:03 PM
Good for you Grof. do read all information you can find it's free and available everywhere.and remember you can only shoot one (1) and it has to have horns..LOL... if you don't mind what country are you from? and by the way good luck on your hunt

taperxz
06-13-2010, 5:13 PM
Since the seasons have not started yet, you can go to fish and game and exchange one D tag for an A tag. Once the season starts though you can not exchange the tags. I believe that is in the regulations. Seasons INCLUDE the start of archery.

Rem222
06-13-2010, 5:45 PM
Grof, you should look into hunting pigs on that property.

A pig tag is around $20 I believe.

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/wildlife/hunting/pig/

Good luck this year...

big jon
06-13-2010, 5:51 PM
A zone should be easy to get most of it is private. Get the pigs they are better and harder to get than a deer.

junko p
06-13-2010, 6:10 PM
A zone should be easy to get most of it is private. Get the pigs they are better and harder to get than a deer.

Indeed

Fjold
06-13-2010, 6:24 PM
Grof, no offense meant. I correct a lot of people on here and some of them correct me. Yes, I do speak a couple of other languages but not well as I work a lot in foreign countries and I'm never offended if native speakers correct me as it helps me to learn the language.

I'm glad to hear that others will be going with you who have some experience. Get them to help you look up the requirements for getting an A zone tag.

Grof
06-13-2010, 8:17 PM
Grof, no offense meant. I correct a lot of people on here and some of them correct me. Yes, I do speak a couple of other languages but not well as I work a lot in foreign countries and I'm never offended if native speakers correct me as it helps me to learn the language.

I'm glad to hear that others will be going with you who have some experience. Get them to help you look up the requirements for getting an A zone tag.

no worries, than you know how hard is when you are in foreign country.
I know you all guys give suggestion in positive way and I took it like that.
I have good friends (native like you said )and I need to learn a lot and this will be good experience for me, I like friendship and excitement when I am in nature. To get one deer , would be great if not I will have good time anyway. At least I will try to get one of this wild pigs.
thanks and be safe

Grof
06-13-2010, 8:28 PM
Good for you Grof. do read all information you can find it's free and available everywhere.and remember you can only shoot one (1) and it has to have horns..LOL... if you don't mind what country are you from? and by the way good luck on your hunt

thanks buddy if I may say it this way, let see how well you know geography :)
I lived ones upon time ...
south of north sea
above of Africa
Rome is not too far
we had winter Olympics long time ago
this is more than enough info,
and I shoot well SKS one shot is more than enough :)
luck is something that we all sometimes need.
same wishes to you hope you got one 14 points
be safe

Too Tall Tom
06-13-2010, 8:48 PM
You should be able to get an A zone tag also since its a two tag zone. Tags are given on a first come first served basis. The A zone gun season starts August 14th.

Get a pig tag and hunt both at the same time!:cool2:

tpuig
06-14-2010, 12:34 AM
As mentioned, just get a second tag for the A zone. Then when you're hunting pigs during deer season, you can take one or maybe both if you're lucky.

Bosnia? And I'm more than willing to help get rid of a pig or two... ;-)

Grof
06-14-2010, 9:39 AM
As mentioned, just get a second tag for the A zone. Then when you're hunting pigs during deer season, you can take one or maybe both if you're lucky.

Bosnia? And I'm more than willing to help get rid of a pig or two... ;-)

yes, :) , if I get one you can have it , will let you know when I go there.