PDA

View Full Version : Fell in love with another handgun

pontiacpratt
06-13-2010, 11:26 AM
First off I'm a rifleman... I'd rather be behind a rifle than a handgun. I figured I'd never want another handgun.
I went to a new local FFL yesterday and he had a Springfield Armory XD-9 Compact.
It was a comfortable gun and If/When I get my CCW if feel it's the perfect size. easier to conceal than my PX4 ever would be.
I've got to make one more big purchase before another firearm... a safe, but I'm in love with it. I was thinking a Beretta Cheetah (keep it in the Beretta family) but it's only a .380 I could get a XD-40 compact and not even have to stock another caliber.
They wife handled a Beretta 92fs, and she preferred the feel of that over all of them.;)
I held my first 1911 as well, it was Rock River. The stock sights are way to small IMHO and being tan they kinda blurred together.
all and all it was a fun day checking out a new place... and the best part of it all the owner/salesman was a really nice guy and his prices were good! rare traits in my local gun shops.:eek:

Fjold
06-13-2010, 11:37 AM
1911 are easy to fall in love with especially if they have good sights but they rank way down on my list for CCWs. I carried one for over 10 years and love shooting them but I carry a S&W 40 Compact now because you carry them a lot more than shoot them and the polymer guns are just a lot more comfortable after 8 hours of carrying. although for shorter carrying like an evening out for dinner, etc. the heft of a 1911 is comforting.

jdg30
06-13-2010, 12:43 PM
The safe is one of the best purchases you can make. I was pretty nervous whenever I left home before I purchased a safe. Even though guns were hidden, all it would take is for a burglar to find them and they would be gone and out on the street. I bought a Superior Safe and it was the best purchase I have made. 14 bolts, spacious and fire rated for 60 min. Plus, being bolted to the concrete, I know in all likelihood nothing is going to happen to my valuables.

I would go with the urge to buy the pistol you want. I held the XD9 compact before and it was a nice gun. I still prefer Glocks but the xd was a comfortable gun. Care to share who dealer is that you had the good experience with?

pontiacpratt
06-13-2010, 12:52 PM
The safe is one of the best purchases you can make. I was pretty nervous whenever I left home before I purchased a safe. Even though guns were hidden, all it would take is for a burglar to find them and they would be gone and out on the street. I bought a Superior Safe and it was the best purchase I have made. 14 bolts, spacious and fire rated for 60 min. Plus, being bolted to the concrete, I know in all likelihood nothing is going to happen to my valuables.

I would go with the urge to buy the pistol you want. I held the XD9 compact before and it was a nice gun. I still prefer Glocks but the xd was a comfortable gun. Care to share who dealer is that you had the good experience with?
For a fellow Apple Valley CGN, yep!
The place is Diamond Arms,
http://www.diamondarms.com/
He's just getting started, he's only open on Sat from 10-3 to the public, other wise it's by appointment only.

Black Majik
06-13-2010, 1:59 PM
I held my first 1911 as well, it was Rock River. The stock sights are way to small IMHO and being tan they kinda blurred together.
all and all it was a fun day checking out a new place... and the best part of it all the owner/salesman was a really nice guy and his prices were good! rare traits in my local gun shops.:eek:

BUY ASAP!! :eek: ;)

jonnyt16
06-13-2010, 2:10 PM
The safe is one of the best purchases you can make. I was pretty nervous whenever I left home before I purchased a safe. Even though guns were hidden, all it would take is for a burglar to find them and they would be gone and out on the street.
I felt the same exact way. All I can say is what a difference a safe makes! I got a Warrior model from Patriot Safes and I am in love with it. I recommend you check them out, their prices are very competitive and include in-home delivery for free! http://www.patriotsafe.com/Discount-Gun-Safes_c_52.html

Sajedene
06-13-2010, 2:12 PM
Sounds like a great day. I fall in love with other guns all the time. Keeping the love is what is important so you gotta keep shooting them until you're ready to commit!