PDA

View Full Version : Can I give my Step Dad a lower?

Cdog
03-29-2006, 3:01 PM
Without having to re-dros it from me to him? Thanks.

blacklisted
03-29-2006, 3:06 PM
I believe it applies to blood relatives only. However, you could, for example: give it to you mother, and she gives it to him.

Cdog
03-29-2006, 3:08 PM
I believe it applies to blood relatives only. However, you could, for example: give it to you mother, and she gives it to him.

He raised me and I lived under his household while I was a minor and once while in between buying homes. He was my legal gaurdian from age 5.

CALI-gula
03-29-2006, 4:00 PM
He raised me and I lived under his household while I was a minor and once while in between buying homes. He was my legal gaurdian from age 5.

If legal guardian, documented on paper, then yes. There may even be some form of common-law application as well, being over a certain amount of time, but not sure of that one. I think you also still need to file a familial relationship 4473, without having to go through an FFL, but sent directly to BATF?? I believe there are details on-line, both CA DOJ wesbite and info from BATF. I know it can be done with simplicity, but your best answers on that might not be found here, because of the esoteric nature of it. Yet I recall seeing the details for this exact scenario at one time - found it interesting.

Cdog
03-29-2006, 4:16 PM
Thanks for the help. Tring to get this old fart set up.:D

GW
03-29-2006, 5:15 PM
This is a reverse of what I want to do with my stepson. If I understand it correctly, the rifle is community property, therefore my wife can give it to him with no paperwork & no waiting period etc.

He'll know who its from;)

Would that make me a straw giver?