PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about this CCW scenario?

wangankin
03-29-2006, 7:16 AM
I have two residences... One is in San Bernardino the other is in a small city with its own police department but inside of LA County... I work at a gun store but am not the FFL holder... Do you think I have better luck applying for a CCW in San Bernardino or in LA County? Do I apply with my local PD or still through LASD? I requested a CCW packet from local PD and they sent it to me in a couple of days. What do you guys think/suggest?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

EBWhite
03-29-2006, 11:45 AM
I would say you have a better chance applying with SBSD...
Do not apply with LASD! Your local PD might be an option, how ccw friendly are they?

Richard
03-29-2006, 11:48 AM
without a doubt do San Bernardino Sheriff.....as long as you have good cause and actually lived the 51% of the time in San bern. residence.

My buddy lived in Highland ,who I beleive has a PD....went straight to SBSD and was granted a CCW.

wangankin
03-29-2006, 5:11 PM
without a doubt do San Bernardino Sheriff.....as long as you have good cause and actually lived the 51% of the time in San bern. residence.

My buddy lived in Highland ,who I beleive has a PD....went straight to SBSD and was granted a CCW.

How is the percentage of residence calculated? What evidence do I need to furnish? Can a local PD inside LA Co. authorize the CCW?

Oldtimer
03-30-2006, 5:34 AM
City police chiefs and County Sheriffs are the only ones allowed to approve CCW applications.

In your situation, if you live within a CITY inside San Berdoo County, you can apply with the Chief of that city....or the San Berdoo County Sheriff.

It really depends upon what city you live in when it comes to L.A. County. Most of the City police chiefs are anti-CCW right now, and I seriously doubt that the L.A. County Sheriff would sign your application....unless you "donate" a substantial amount of money to one of the various L.A. County "charity" organizations....or you are "somebody", such as a well-known celebrity.

Oldtimer
03-30-2006, 5:35 AM
City police chiefs and County Sheriffs are the only ones allowed to approve CCW applications.

In your situation, if you live within a CITY inside San Berdoo County, you can apply with the Chief of that city....or the San Berdoo County Sheriff.

It really depends upon what city you live in when it comes to L.A. County. Most of the City police chiefs are anti-CCW right now, and I seriously doubt that the L.A. County Sheriff would sign your application....unless you "donate" a substantial amount of money to one of the various L.A. County "charity" organizations....or you are "somebody", such as a well-known celebrity.

wangankin
03-30-2006, 6:46 AM
If I am denied a CCW in one city/county, am I allowed to immediately apply for another CCW in another city/county?