PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a DOJ letter for a FAL?

50 Freak
03-28-2006, 2:01 PM
I have a FFL that is a little nervous about doing a transfer on a DSA FAL.

Says he wants a letter to make himself feel better.

C.G.
03-28-2006, 2:18 PM
I have a FFL that is a little nervous about doing a transfer on a DSA FAL.

Says he wants a letter to make himself feel better.

No such thing, but then DSA receiver, just like Imbel receivers are not listed. If it is actually DSA CA model the mag is welded shut, no problem. If it is not, have the seller remove evil features or have him do the mag catch conversion and Big Mac at Irvington Arms will do the DROS.

Rascal
03-28-2006, 3:25 PM
You don't need a letter from Cal DOJ to DROS a FAL clone. Find another FFL.
I think that we need to get some things clear.
Long Gun Manufactures Do Not Need to Ask permission from Cal DOJ to sell in the state. Yes it does help, but is NOT needed, if the long gun is legally configured. We shouldn't get in the habit of thinking that we have to ask DOJ anything. If it is legally confiured, or NOT on the AW list, it is legal to import into this state.
Please, let's not start a precidence of asking DOJ for everything.
FAL's have been sold in this state since the Cal Ban started, and no one has asked DOJ if it's ok. Why, because it is OK, in Kali legal configuration.
Big Mac sells these all the time. Go see Martin, he'll fix you up.

bwiese
03-28-2006, 3:29 PM
50Freak/Ed...
Who's the FFL that's giving you trouble?

fguerra
03-28-2006, 3:33 PM
+1 for Martin. My FAL is on order thanks to him:D

50 Freak
03-28-2006, 3:44 PM
Bill,

He's not giving me trouble and actually a good guy. I'll e-mail you off site to tell you which one, but I'm sure you and I have done our AR lowers through him.

I think he's just a little spooked by the DOJ lately and not too sure about FALs.

I would like to use Martin, but he's already got my FAL and it would be a pain to have it mailed back and forth.

Ford8N
03-28-2006, 3:59 PM
Entreprise supposedly has a FAL letter. I asked to see it and get a copy when I was at their shop, but they wouldn't do it. Strange.

xenophobe
03-28-2006, 6:03 PM
Have your dealer CALL DSA and ask about CA Legality. They will explain it to you in simple terms similar to what I will now say "It is legal, and we will ship it to you, how will you pay?"....

JeepRescueService14
03-29-2006, 9:41 PM
Even better.. have your dealer call Entreprise arms in Irwindale, CA. They build and manufacture FALs, The Kali legal fixed mag catch variety.. The people there kick *** and are nice to deal with.

odysseus
03-29-2006, 10:17 PM
DSA has a FAL Cali edition. How is the magazine fixed? Welded? Or is this even what we are talking about here? I am confused about the FAL's, but very interested...

C.G.
03-29-2006, 10:26 PM
DSA has a FAL Cali edition. How is the magazine fixed? Welded? Or is this even what we are talking about here? I am confused about the FAL's, but very interested...

If it is a factory CA rifle, either DSA or Entreprise, they are welded. However, if you build it all you need is mag catch screw or persuade someone in the free part of the country to put a mag catch screw on, before they ship.

Do a search on FAL there is a lot of material.

odysseus
03-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Do a search on FAL there is a lot of material.

Problem is you can't do a simple 3 character search. I will look around...

C.G.
03-30-2006, 12:06 PM
Problem is you can't do a simple 3 character search. I will look around...

Try "building a FAL".

Walking Fire
03-30-2006, 2:07 PM
Here is a good link on Cal legal FAL
http://web.archive.org/web/20050306151743/http://www.webshooters.org/diy_california_fal.htm