PDA

View Full Version : Can I sell handguns to out of state FFL?

alpine18
03-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Can I directly sell/ship one of my personal modern handguns to an out of state FFL if they provide me with an ink signed copy of their FFL?

Or do I need to go through a local dealer? I know that when I had my C&R it was fine for those without an FFL to ship a C&R rifle to a C&R or FFL. Can I do the same of pistols? I have got a lot of conflicting info on this subject.

Thanks

EOD Guy
03-28-2006, 1:00 PM
Can I directly sell/ship one of my personal modern handguns to an out of state FFL if they provide me with an ink signed copy of their FFL?

Or do I need to go through a local dealer? I know that when I had my C&R it was fine for those without an FFL to ship a C&R rifle to a C&R or FFL. Can I do the same of pistols? I have got a lot of conflicting info on this subject.

Thanks

Yes, if they will accept a shipment from an unlicensed person. There is no legal requirement for you to have a copy of the dealer's FFL and many will not send them to unlicensed individuals. You can verify the receiving dealer's FFL through the BATF eZCheck system at their web site. All you need is the first 3 and last 5 digits in the dealer's FFL number.