PDA

View Full Version : NRA Sacramento requests your help TODAY

mikehaas
03-28-2006, 9:16 AM
From Ed & Paul at the capitol...

03/28/06 - SB 1239 is taking amendments TODAY. NRA continues to support the bill and requests you contact the Senate Public Safety Committee and voice your support for the bill at this time.

Please use the ONE-CLICK tool available at:
http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?summary=sb1239

More contact info for the Senate Public Safety Committee members is available at:
http://calnra.com/legs/senpubsafety.shtml

Mike

LOW2000
03-28-2006, 9:20 AM
How does one-click work, I click the one-click, then hit send on my email without typing anything? No subject, no message, nothing?

mow
03-28-2006, 9:54 AM
E-mail sent... Would it be best to send snail mail? I hear that they take snail mail more seriously....:confused:

mikehaas
03-28-2006, 9:58 AM
How does one-click work, I click the one-click, then hit send on my email without typing anything? No subject, no message, nothing?

Well, we hope you will enter a subject line and some text. It doesn't have to be much, just "Please support SB 1239" or similar.

We don't provide Subjects and Texts because we don't want the emails to look like "form letters", because they aren't. Making them naturally unique helps show the legislative staffers (or even the lawmaker) who read your emails that you are real people, not emails being generated by some program to fake them out. Just a line or 2 in your own words is all that's needed. (They just want to count a "Yes" or "No" - they normally aren't that interested in your reasoning, so don't waste time explaining the background of the Second Amendment. :-)

BTW, please do not save the ONE-CLICK email addresses - we change them periodically to prevent abuse. Always go back to here: http://calnra.com/legs.shtml#contactinfo to send ONE-CLICKs. Send your friends that URL, not the email addresses.

THANKS FOR HELPING OUT!

Mike

mikehaas
03-28-2006, 10:15 AM
E-mail sent... Would it be best to send snail mail? I hear that they take snail mail more seriously....:confused:

We don't denigrate ANY form of gunowner input to the legislature - it is ALL good. And each type - phone, letter, fax or email - has it's advantages.

But in this case, there is not time to send letters because this is a vote that is happening TODAY. Phone calls, faxes and and emails can only work on an event like today. (This close linkage of NRA staff to volunteers - us - can have BIG results. It's like we're in the committeee hearings too! I'll post status changes if I get them.)

BTW, by distributing this kind of info, we can often generate real phone calls, faxes and emails to a specific office within miniutes of NRA leaving that office! (Be they to convey "Thanks for voting with us" or "Please reconsider your position". Blows 'em away! :-)

And we also strongly disagree that emails are less effective. In fact, email is fast becoming the preferred way of exchanging info, even receiving constituent input. Like us, they appreciate how fast and easy it is. (Keep in mind that, by law, thay cannot simply discard constituent input. Even if you are from another district, they are supposed to refer your message to the right office.)

I'll just say this - there are some folks that want you to believe that email is less effective. I trust I need say no more.

THANKS FOR HELPING OUT, EVERYONE!

Mike

LOW2000
03-28-2006, 10:17 AM
Sent...and pissed off that everyone viewing these boards right now has not done the same...

vtecteg4u
03-28-2006, 11:24 AM
Whats up with the $19.95 charge per email?

mrhappym1a
03-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Done.

(dang message is too short)

spitkiss
03-28-2006, 11:35 AM
email sent...

Can'thavenuthingood
03-28-2006, 11:39 AM
DISCLAIMER: Users of the these email services who lobby for legislation not related to defending the Right-To-Keep-And-Bear-Arms agree to the following:

1. To pay $19.95 per usage (an invoice will be returned to your email account for each email distributed.)
2. To allow your personal information (including email address) to be used, sold and otherwise distributed as determined by NRAMembersCouncils.com.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
The $19.95 charge appears to be if you use the one click for something other than the RKBA, like say Redistricting.

Sent my email in support of SB1239

Vick

WokMaster1
03-28-2006, 11:39 AM
done my part! What's up with the rest of you that haven't done anything? DO IT, my friends, Let's take Kalifornia back!!!!!!!:)

vrylak
03-28-2006, 11:44 AM
Supported 3 bills

Opposed 2 retarded bills

Done. Hope there are still sane members who'll pass those 3 good ones.

mikehaas
03-28-2006, 11:46 AM
You guys and gals are awesome.

Mike

Rascal
03-28-2006, 11:58 AM
My Email has been sent!

mikehaas
03-28-2006, 12:42 PM
The Battle is Over FOR TODAY and WE WON. (in fact, not a single vote against us!)

For those who didn't get the chance to engage with us, there are sure to be many more opportunties. For those that did, I THANK YOU - you're welcome in my foxhole anytime.

Mike

I just received this from Paul...
-------
GOOD JOB!!!!!

SB1239 got out of Senate Public Safety Committee today with a vote of 4 to 0. It's next committee assignment will be posted at http://www.CalNRA.com/ soon.

THANKS for all of your calls, faxes, and emails. It really makes a difference when we apply a FOCUSED effort.

Please keep-up your efforts on the other bills we are tracking at http://www.CalNRA.com/

Be proud of your successful efforts. Spread the good news to every gun owner you know!

Paul

rkt88edmo
03-28-2006, 4:06 PM
The $19.95 charge appears to be if you use the one click for something other than the RKBA, like say Redistricting.

Or to sent a request to do the opposite (support/oppose) of what the person who set up the emailer intended it to do.

Paladin
04-01-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm catching up on CGN postings today (Sat) and just saw this thread. Sorry I wasn't able to participate.

Mike, would it be possible to post, let's say on Monday mornings the days that week you anticipate you'll need us to contact our state reps? Or do you only find out that very day that you'll need action?

Could you figure out a standard Title/Subject Line for your ACTION ITEMs (and only your action items) so that they'll stand out as we skim thru the "Gun rights, political, and legal" titles? When I saw the title you used I thought it was an action item for the Sacto NRA MC members. Maybe using the "Exclamation" (alert/warning sign) message icon I've used on this post will also help.

You might also want to put a line saying that you do not have to be a NRA member to participate in this action item.

Keep up the good work.