PDA

View Full Version : New Anti-Gun Bill Posted (AMMO BAN)

mikehaas
03-28-2006, 3:55 AM
AMMO BAN
http://calnra.com/legs.shtml?summary=ab2123

Complete with ONE-CLICK to the right committee!

Mike

Ironballs
03-28-2006, 6:51 AM
sensible hunting law... how long after this passes until it is applied to the greater CA area? nuts to them...

johnny_22
03-28-2006, 8:52 AM
With no lead-free rimfire ammo available, this would help elimnate squirrel hunting.

Let Assembly Member Nava know that he shouldn't ban lead, until the ammo is ready.

LOW2000
03-28-2006, 9:40 AM
What does the one-click do? Do I not need to fill in the message field? I see the email does not go to the .gov, but instead goes to @muzzleenergy.com

LOW2000
03-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Noted response in your other thread, so i'll paste what I posted there.

Sent...and pissed off that everyone viewing these boards right now has not done the same...

PanzerAce
03-28-2006, 11:42 AM
hmmm....does this refer to non jacketed lead ammo, or the jacketed stuff as well?

shopkeep
03-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Although I will summarily say this law is stupid, I will also state it has zero impact on me. I don't hunt that often and when I do hunt I don't use lead ammo anyways.

Can'thavenuthingood
03-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Email sent.

Who does the muzzleenrgy email go to? Who's desk is this critter sitting on?

Vick

blacklisted
03-28-2006, 1:01 PM
I'm also curious, does this ban jacketed lead bullets?

Rascal
03-28-2006, 1:35 PM
I sent an email for this on too.

ArmedBear
03-28-2006, 1:48 PM
Yes it would ban all bullets with lead content in the area where Condors might be.

Might is an important word... It doesn't require a study that shows exactly where they are, or whether lead bullets are an issue. Hence I would oppose it as I oppose any "environmental protection" legislation that burdens individuals in the absence of scientific proof that the legislation will help anything, or that what it might help is worth the cost.

The treehugger contingent has been pushing for this for a while. I'm not sure how I feel about it; these birds are VERY expensive to raise. We just went to Idaho where they raise them for release (and of course they also do it here in San Diego). They're kinda neat.

As much as the big vultures are kinda neat, though, I think they're not long for this world, given their propensity for suicide. Lead bullets are probably the least of their problems.

I understand the desire to prevent extinctions -- or at least extinctions of a few big creatures that we like -- but I really don't see the bird as a vital part of our ecosystem, either. Lots of things die off and we don't give a crap, because they're insects or other little things we don't notice or consider vermin.

A lot of the impulse to save some nearly-extinct species can be all about the emotions of some pseudo-religious nutballs, not science. If the birds were well-adapted to the world at present, they wouldn't have been nearing extinction.

Now THERE'S pissing on a sacred cow for ya.:cool:

jnojr
03-28-2006, 2:30 PM
What does the one-click do?

Effectively, nothing.

Do I not need to fill in the message field? I see the email does not go to the .gov, but instead goes to @muzzleenergy.com

The muzzleenergy.com address is doubtless an alias for a bunch of addresses, and probably rewrites the To: and Subject: lines.

I say it does nothing, because Legislators ignore obvious mass-produced emails. They may take some slight notice of the fact that X number of the same emails were received, but that's it... it would be too easy to script something that sends a bunch of those "one clicks" with random From: addresses.

If you want to make your voice heard, look up the committee members and send your own email that you've written to them. They will start to take notice, but not a whole lot. The next best thing would be faxes... but, again, easily mass-produced and not verifiable. If you want your voice to actually begin to count, send a written, signed snail-mail letter. Even handwritten. Or make a phone call to each committee members' office.

I really, really wish the NRA would get rid of those stupid "one clicks". They're very dangerous, like online petitions. People feel like their one little mouseclick means "they've done their part", and they haven't... at best, they've added one tiny drop to an ocean. If you want to dump a bucket into a swimming pool instead, handwrite or call.

Rumpled
03-28-2006, 2:34 PM
This law applies to all shooters, not just hunters and not just hunters using lead.
Here's how, the Fish and Game Commission would get the power to expand the area. This group is becoming less and less hunting/fishing and more whacko.
They'll get this and then they'll ban shooting lead in the same area, and then they'll say condors can expand all over the state and they'll ban lead in all ammo sold in the state.
Now, this affects you.
Don't fall prey to the split and divide tactics being used, this doesn't affect just lead using hunters.

Email sent

The muzzleenrgy email is used by NRA as a forwarder to the appropiate committee members.

Ford8N
03-28-2006, 5:10 PM
Effectively, nothing.

The muzzleenergy.com address is doubtless an alias for a bunch of addresses, and probably rewrites the To: and Subject: lines.

I say it does nothing, because Legislators ignore obvious mass-produced emails. They may take some slight notice of the fact that X number of the same emails were received, but that's it... it would be too easy to script something that sends a bunch of those "one clicks" with random From: addresses.

If you want to make your voice heard, look up the committee members and send your own email that you've written to them. They will start to take notice, but not a whole lot. The next best thing would be faxes... but, again, easily mass-produced and not verifiable. If you want your voice to actually begin to count, send a written, signed snail-mail letter. Even handwritten. Or make a phone call to each committee members' office.

I really, really wish the NRA would get rid of those stupid "one clicks". They're very dangerous, like online petitions. People feel like their one little mouseclick means "they've done their part", and they haven't... at best, they've added one tiny drop to an ocean. If you want to dump a bucket into a swimming pool instead, handwrite or call.

Your 100% right on using snail mail/hand written letter. We had a chief of staff of our state senator speak in my American Government class. He said that they always give a h*ll of a lot more weight to a hand written letter. Maybe look at a fax. Mass e-mail or mass mailed, pre printed stuff they ignore.

Paladin
04-01-2006, 3:22 PM
FYI: When I "one clicked", it opened my email prgm and a new email and only the address it was being sent to was filled in -- everything else, incl subject line, I wrote myself.

filefish
04-01-2006, 4:31 PM
Although I will summarily say this law is stupid, I will also state it has zero impact on me. I don't hunt that often and when I do hunt I don't use lead ammo anyways.

I guess muzzleloaders could cast balls out of gold.

this law is wrong how about the hunter that says " I don't care about the aw law I just use my bolt action it has zero impact on me" we all need to stick up for each other

GW
04-01-2006, 7:30 PM

I'd say thats the response they're hoping for.
This will affect you and every other shooter because it WILL spread to all areas of shooting be it hunting or plinking.

Time to get off our butts (again) and write these people
and make sure you're registered to vote