PDA

View Full Version : Anyone surf fish in Socal?

strangerdude
06-10-2010, 9:36 AM
Just started a few months ago so far I have hit up Manhattan Beach, Cabrillo, and White Point in San Pedro. Most luck I've had is at Manhattan Beach, anyone have good spots to recommend? What rig works best for you?

joodaman
06-10-2010, 10:10 AM
check out scsurffishing.com

really good group of guys with a ton of knowledge about the surf and most other fishing too.

strangerdude
06-10-2010, 10:11 AM
check out scsurffishing.com

really good group of guys with a ton of knowledge about the surf and most other fishing too.

Yup, already on there just wanted to see if any Cgunners were into it. Thanks!

professionalcoyotehunter
06-10-2010, 11:09 AM
I want to get into it. I am supposed to hit up Kings Harbor soon for some Bonita.

elevated
06-10-2010, 11:25 AM
I surf fish a lot, got my first halibut last week. I'm on Fishingnetwork.net, same name. We fish from SB to Laguna. Anything with structure is usually good, I use google earth to find spots a lot. good luck.

gunnerdan
06-10-2010, 1:45 PM
malibu/zuma is supposed to be hot.

you can catch surfperch practically anywhere along the coast that'll let you cast out without getting snagged. most perch hang w/in 20 feet or so of the shore to feed on their staple diet: sandcrabs. they'll eat shrimp and squid willingly as well.

my advice is to fan cast along sandy beaches where you can dig up sandcrabs and just move along the beach. they're everywhere but don't always stay in the same place.

i don't know about the halibut other than hearing malibu/zuma stories.

stripers are appearing in full force too. good luck getting someone to tell you where those are :D

Thrillbilly
06-10-2010, 2:09 PM
I used to when I lived in So. Cal.

I always had good luck in the Rincon area......

But various different fly patterns......Oh wait you are spin fishing right?

Howie44
06-10-2010, 6:49 PM
Usually see perch when surfing at Zuma. not gonna fish, but am gonna be in the water just after dawn at Hunnington in the morning. I'll take pics if i see fish bellow me

JaMail
06-10-2010, 7:58 PM
been wanting to get into it.. havent had a chance to fish much this year, havent even gotten my license...