PDA

View Full Version : More of a question

mow
03-27-2006, 8:22 PM
So why is it that you can only perform 1 search per minute ... I noticed that it is the same at arf.com?

Is it a bandwidth issue?

TonyM
03-27-2006, 8:51 PM
So why is it that you can only perform 1 search per minute ... I noticed that it is the same at arf.com?

Is it a bandwidth issue?

It limits the hits to the database that stores the information for the forum. if you overload the database, files can be corrupted, or the performance of the board goes WAY down.

mow
03-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh well, guess I'll just find something to do in between searches ... hopefully I don't forget what I am searching for... :p

Was there a problem recently that resulted in this change? I don't recall the search function here being like that a while back... :confused:

mow
03-28-2006, 2:11 PM
Membership doubled in the last few months. A lot of people hitting that New Post button.

lol! Couldn't that mean that the search function should be opened up to more than 1 question per minute? I would think that the way it is now would increase the number of times the New Post button is selected :D

I am cool either way, I seem to get pretty lucky the first time I search. :cool:

GTKrockeTT
03-30-2006, 9:37 AM
yes, but many new members *cough newkidwithaglock cough* don't have the word search in their vocabulary.