PDA

View Full Version : OOW Receiver question

csarel
03-27-2006, 8:11 PM
Good evening all! I am getting two Ohio Ordnance Works receivers here in about a week. When the time comes to register them, do I list them as OOW or what it says on the rec.? :confused:

ITM ARMS CO. MODEL MK99 7.62

Thanks!

Hillbillly
03-27-2006, 8:32 PM
Good evening all! I am getting two Ohio Ordnance Works receivers here in about a week. When the time comes to register them, do I list them as OOW or what it says on the rec.? :confused:

ITM ARMS CO. MODEL MK99 7.62

Thanks!

I would try to stay away from the OOW name if possible.
As these ones are on the list -
Ohio Ordnance Works (o.o.w.)
ROMAK 991
AK-74

Your FFL should be able to tell you what he will log them in as.

csarel
03-27-2006, 8:36 PM
Yes, I know. Nonetheless the model is not on the list. Has to be make and model.

"Yes OOW is listed but not the mk99 model (in 7.62.) Besides...it is suppose to say OOW on the receiver... so the mk99 is legal. Just like the new RRA and the new Bushies (not on the list)" Orginally posted by>>>>> Charliegone

Hillbillly
03-27-2006, 8:47 PM
Yes, I know. Nonetheless the model is not on the list. Has to be make and model.

"Yes OOW is listed but not the mk99 model (in 7.62.) Besides...it is suppose to say OOW on the receiver... so the mk99 is legal. Just like the new RRA and the new Bushies (not on the list)" Orginally posted by>>>>> Charliegone

I agree with you, My point was if you have a choice why not use the other name as the maker.

Can you pm me with your source as I am looking for one also.

Thanks

EBWhite
03-27-2006, 8:51 PM
You will need to list them as
Make: ITM ARMS CO.
Model: MK99

csarel
03-27-2006, 8:54 PM
Hilbilly, PM sent
EBWhite, thank you for your input! I was hoping it would be that, since its what is listed on the actual rec.

Charliegone
03-27-2006, 9:20 PM
Yes. If doj is going to list them they should go by the name ON the receiver. ITM arms is the name. That is what is suppose to be on the receiver. I'm kind of thinking if the ITM arms ak-74 is on the list?? I don't know but..I think the DOJ screwed up the naming on the list. It should read ITM arms ak-74 not OOW ak-74. Unless they fix that with ITM/OOW ak-74...that would work.:D

Ford8N
03-28-2006, 5:30 AM
Back when the DOJ made that list, the older models were marked OOW. The courts have ruled that it has to be the specific model and a "reasonable" person has to be able to figure it out. ITM to me is different.

xenophobe
03-28-2006, 8:07 AM
The way DOJ list items is not up to how you decide to describe them, it is how the ATF lists the manufacturer or importer's name in their database.

Submitting something like the OOW for registration under OOW or ITM may likely show one or the other as the registered firearm, or show that it is a completely different manufacturer once listed.

IMI as a manufacturer would list some UK based LLC as the registered name, and there was some confusion as to my FMP XG3S when I registered as well, and I needed to send a clarification letter to get my reg papers sorted out.