PDA

View Full Version : Looking for safes in San Diego...

visualnewbie
03-27-2006, 10:38 AM
I'm in the market for a new safe and I'm the type where I need to look and feel the product I'm interested in. Any place in San Diego where I can do this? So, I basically need a place where they have a good selection/varity and safe in stock.

bwiese
03-27-2006, 12:36 PM
Dean Security Safe is a very large vendor in Van Nuys.
Might be worth the drive, and SD might be in their delivery radius too.

http://www.deansafe.com/

Make sure (well, depending on your capabilities vs weight/size of safe!) that the delivery includes 'install' - meaning they bring the safe into your house where it's gonna site, and not just drop it off in front of your garage door.

I was gonna order my safe from them (cuz I really wanted a Ft Knox) but San Jose is a bit too far for 'installed delivery'.

visualnewbie
03-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Yeah...it might be worth the drive. That's definitely an option I can't ignore. Thanks!

Senna
03-27-2006, 4:31 PM
Liberty safe has two locations in SD
http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2005-11,RNWE:en&q=liberty+safes&near=San+Diego,+CA&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title
they have a large veriety of safes
http://www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&rls=RNWE,RNWE:2005-11,RNWE:en&q=liberty+safes&near=San+Diego,+CA&sa=X&oi=local&ct=title
I got a National security clasic 36 very nice safe.:)

grammaton76
03-27-2006, 4:35 PM
I'm in the market for a new safe and I'm the type where I need to look and feel the product I'm interested in. Any place in San Diego where I can do this? So, I basically need a place where they have a good selection/varity and safe in stock.

If you're just looking at a small one (14 guns), Turner's often has good deals on them, although you do get the fun of delivering and installing it yourself.

Hillbillly
03-27-2006, 4:37 PM
Here is the link to my old thread about group buy on California Safes.
the company is here in Orange County.
I will be getting my safe this week hopefully.
I compared safes this weekend at the Costa Mesa show and I am still extremely happy with my descision to go with these guys.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=29283

c good
03-27-2006, 5:59 PM
I bought my Cannon from KeepSafe in San Diego. They had the best prices and very reasonable deliver/install fees. They are great folks to work with. I don't have a number handy but they have a warehouse in the Qualcomm Stadium area where you can look the different models and sometimes have used and "trade in" models. Otherwise they are at most of the Del Mar shows. HTH c good

visualnewbie
03-27-2006, 6:31 PM
Thanks guys! I'm looking to purchase real soon, so all this info is really great help. I guess I need to have a free day to visit these places.

I'm fully aware of the selection Turners has, but I wasn't too pleased by them. Kind of leaning in the direction of a real safe. I'm ok with picking it up myself with a couple of my huge friends, so that's not going to be a problem. I think picking one out that pleases me is more of a challenge. :)

Senna
03-27-2006, 8:43 PM
I'm ok with picking it up myself with a couple of my huge friends, so that's not going to be a problemdepending on your lay out i.e. driveway,steps,carpet,hallways etc. I would advise having it delevered and set up. I was thinking along the same way and then took advise from someone with a safe and paid the fee. well worth it. My safe weighs 1040lbs and has mirror blk finish. one mistake:mad:
take it for what its worth.

visualnewbie
03-27-2006, 9:54 PM
depending on your lay out i.e. driveway,steps,carpet,hallways etc. I would advise having it delevered and set up. I was thinking along the same way and then took advise from someone with a safe and paid the fee. well worth it. My safe weighs 1040lbs and has mirror blk finish. one mistake:mad:
take it for what its worth.

I really appreciate your advice and believe me, I took into account the exact same obstacles. Fortunately, everything you mentioned works in my favor. No carpet and one step. I do want it in black and that kind of worries me a bit and don't want it scratched. Although in the end, I just want it to do its job hidden from view. Considering yours weighs a ton, you made a wise decision. Plus I don't think I'm going that heavy. :)

Kevlarman
03-28-2006, 5:37 PM
I really appreciate your advice and believe me, I took into account the exact same obstacles. Fortunately, everything you mentioned works in my favor. No carpet and one step. I do want it in black and that kind of worries me a bit and don't want it scratched. Although in the end, I just want it to do its job hidden from view. Considering yours weighs a ton, you made a wise decision. Plus I don't think I'm going that heavy. :)

Correction, half a ton.
:D

islandchanel
04-04-2006, 8:47 PM
there are two gun safe dealers in temecula/murrieta. The one in murrieta has custom paintjobs these safes look bad ***. I forget the name of the place though. The one in temecula is called gunlocker.