PDA

View Full Version : looking to barterfor for sheet metal/hvac fabrication

yoteassasin
06-08-2010, 4:46 PM
i have a couple of projects and a few sheet metal parts i need to form up a new gas tank for my wwII jeep and i need to form up new sheet metal for a project sa200 Lincoln welder all the sheet will be stainless. i need to work on this asap and am open to any offers

novabrian
06-08-2010, 5:20 PM
i have a couple of projects and a few sheet metal parts i need to form up a new gas tank for my wwII jeep and i need to form up new sheet metal for a project sa200 Lincoln welder all the sheet will be stainless. I can barter structural steel fabrication. use of my re-loading set-up with my help, dump runs, rectangle tube steel, merc outboard, heavy equipment maintenance and repair and if need be cash im in sonoma co but in the greater bay area all the time and ill supply the material thanks

Too bad you aren't in OC.

yoteassasin
06-08-2010, 8:20 PM
if any one is interested in the reloading deal i have 3 single stage presses mounted next to each other for rifle and precision reloading and a dillon square deal with 38/357,40/10mm,45acp,9mm,and 44sp/mag dies and with 2 guys running the dillon we could turn out 500+ in a night

Santov
06-15-2010, 10:29 PM
How big is the gas tank for the Jeep? My dad is an expert in welding stainless. He has a machine shop in Gilroy, but doesn't like strangers coming to the shop.

yoteassasin
06-17-2010, 3:59 AM
its roughly 24"x18"x10" with a bunch of angles along the way i have plenty of welders and im mainly looking for sheet metal tools ie Brake and shear

yoteassasin
06-24-2010, 8:54 PM
c'mon i know there are hvac guys here.. help a brother out :cheers2:

SJgunguy24
06-27-2010, 11:07 PM
c'mon i know there are hvac guys here.. help a brother out :cheers2:

Contact Matt (Redneckshootist) at Norse Armory. He's a tinner and up in Woodland.

Turo
06-27-2010, 11:13 PM
I'm pretty sure making gas tanks for people is not legal unless you have the proper licensing. My dad is a machinist and has to turn these jobs away either for that reason, or liability reasons.

I don't have code to back it up, but I've heard this from a few different places, so take from it what you will.

That said, if the tank isn't meant to hold gas, but some other liquid there aren't any regulations.

yoteassasin
06-29-2010, 4:45 AM
i will be making the gas tank i just need some one to help me bend some sheet

AJAX22
06-29-2010, 5:03 AM
IIRC PRKarms has a break and shear in their shop.... don't know if thats too far away and they really aren't set up to work on that kind of stuff, but you might try hitting them up to use it after hours... pizza and beer work good as bribes (or so I'm told)

Also if you have a local JC you can sometimes go in and talk to the instructor about using the equipment.