PDA

View Full Version : Buying Lowers like doing a drug deal

spaceburger
03-26-2006, 7:56 PM
Now mind you I don't remember actually ever doing a drug deal or being in a room where one was transpiring but I must say:
I responded to a post, left my cell, got a call:

"ya my FFL can do the deal. bring only cash..dont argue about the price. the quality is good...park in the driveway, not on the street. if you cant park on the street drive around the block and walk. don't be late, sit down, shut up, don't ask questions, fill out the papers, hand off the cash...dont tell anyone...call me in 10 days and I will set up the time you can pick them up...bring a paper bag to put them in."

...you gotta love Bill and the DOJ for bringing us this gift of pure joy and the irony!!!!
"Got Lowers?"...got mine!!!
p.s. this story is pure fiction Bill....

PIRATE14
03-26-2006, 8:00 PM
Now mind you I don't remember actually ever doing a drug deal or being in a room where one was transpiring but I must say:

"ya my FFL can do the deal. bring only cash..dont argue about the price. the quality is good...park in the driveway, not on the street. if you cant park on the street drive around the block and walk. don't be late, sit down, shut up, don't ask questions, fill out the papers, hand off the cash...dont tell anyone...call me in 10 days and I will set up the time you can pick them up...bring a paper bag to put them in."

...you gotta love Bill and the DOJ for bringing us this gift of pure joy and the irony!!!!

I've been in on a few drug buys........pretty much the same thing but not as dangerous:)

harley66
03-26-2006, 8:05 PM
I do hope your joking??? If not - I would find someone else - If I can't inspect or ask questions, something is wrong.. This is Not rocket sceince here

kantstudien
03-26-2006, 8:12 PM
And the illegal element of your story is...:confused:

CALI-gula
03-26-2006, 8:16 PM
You must be dealing with the wrong people - there are more than enough dealers with store-fronts, tables at gun shows, and/or those making it well known here or on their websites that they are selling lowers. Most all of them take credit cards and have a very public face. They are running the DROS and dealing with so many unknown people, they have no idea if they are dealing with a DOJ rep or not. It the beginning is was hushed (whee posting here was in code and PMs only) but this is not all that covert any more.

Some have only been specific merely because of the large numbers of people with whom they have been dealing, so they might not want 50 cars in front of their home, that the neighbors eventually complain about someone "running a business" while not zoned for it, or a line going out there front door 12 hours a day every day. I would not want a knock of the door at 11:30PM "is this the place to get lowers?".

TacFan
03-26-2006, 8:20 PM
Wow :eek: Did they pat you down when you walked in to check for weapons and a wire ? :D

spaceburger
03-26-2006, 9:05 PM
now I know some of you guys are a little clueless as to what I was trying to say but frankly if you don't know what your buying then don't buy..
you see..
buying drugs is like buying rockets, if you don't know what your doing you could blow yourself up (i.e. destroy, wound, damage.).
secondly my experience was truly fun and adventurous (assuming of course that it actually happened) and I would pick it over walking into a real store front whatever.
third: never did a drug deal that was dangerous...we always knew the connection and the trust was first. as a result none of them have ever been busted because we all followed the rules. ( again assuming it actually happened ever...Bill)
yes Virginia. there are rules to follow no matter what you do..
fourth: the smartest engineers and scientists I have ever met or had the opportunity to work (or fly or dive) with know what I am talking about and I would trust them over anyone who had never experimented with..
...with....lowers?

QuickOnTheDraw
03-26-2006, 9:16 PM
Some have only been specific merely because of the large numbers of people with whom they have been dealing, so they might not want 50 cars in front of their home, that the neighbors eventually complain about someone "running a business" while not zoned for it, or a line going out there front door 12 hours a day every day. I would not want a knock of the door at 11:30PM "is this the place to get lowers?". .

You're right on Cali-gula, he's probably telling you this for a reason, ie past experience with people coming to his house. Just put yourself in his shoes, you'd have rules too.

glen avon
03-27-2006, 7:29 AM
you see..
buying drugs is like buying rockets,...
where does one buy rockets? :eek: pm me with the details

Wumpscut223
03-27-2006, 8:10 AM
M-E-X-I-C-O sshhhhhhh

glen avon
03-27-2006, 8:12 AM
crap, I was thinking something like katyushas.

joel1316
03-27-2006, 8:34 AM
I know which FFLs he is :)
Had a great experience there too!

unimog_88
03-27-2006, 9:13 AM

1) :D :D :D LOLROL........
2) You are joking, right? My FFL is just like an old friend. There's no such "DOn't ask questions" thing. I plan to make a bumper sticker for him. It would say "Coolest FFL Ever".

Chaingun
03-27-2006, 9:40 AM

I thought it was more like Seinfield's "Soup Nazi" episode

gotgunz
03-27-2006, 7:25 PM
I know which FFLs he is :)
Had a great experience there too!

I too know exactly who he is referring to and I also had a very good experience. They even took me in early due to how far away I live. I was able to buy in confidence based on the statement "Mil-Spec", but I also understand the meaning of that phrase, go figure. As far as the parking; if it were my deal I would have the same rules for reasons that are obvious to those of us that did business there.
"Pay attention to your surroundings at all times": Dad, 1967 through 1990 (in other words, told me that at least once a year forever).

tpliquid1
03-28-2006, 9:06 AM
i love drugs!!!!

TonyM
03-28-2006, 10:28 AM

Did they make you sample the merchandise in front of them to prove you weren't a cop?

;) :D :D

Clodbuster
03-28-2006, 11:43 AM
Yeah, but when did you ever see the guy in front of you in line, with a wad of cash, the "jitters" of getting a lower, and the fact that he was also a LEO....

Think of it as dealing marijuana in San Francisco. No one cares :D (Unless your house catches on fire)

Clod